• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wanted Bronco II (nice driver)

HvyFt4spd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302ci
Transmission
Manual
My credo
You'd learn faster with your ears open and your mouth shut!
I'm looking for a running vehicle in the best shape I can find. I am willing to travel for the right one but something in or near Ohio is a plus.
Any driveline factory or otherwise considered but I'm generally after a driver for now that I may eventually upgrade myself. Please understand I run a custom/restoration shop plus I have projects of my own so I do not have time for another at this point. The vehicle must run needing only minor repairs if any. A stock or near stock example is perferred but a mild lift/lowering etc is fine. A first generation Explorer might be considered also but the Bronco II is what I'm more interested in.

Thanks, Dan

HvyFt4spd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302ci
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Still looking... cash in hand.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
They're out there but to find one in pretty good condition and cheap isn't usually found in the same ad LOL. The ones I find are usually trashed, and/or not running for $1-2k, good running condition and good-very good bodies are $4k+ it seems....I can say after paying $800 for my 88 EB B2 3 years ago and putting about $13k into it, its been well worth the work and money IMO as I really enjoy driving it. $13k and it still needs painted and interior work done. None of this stuff is cheap HAHA!!

HvyFt4spd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302ci
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Guys I never said anything about looking for something cheap, notes on what things have cost you or your opinions. I am looking for vehicle that is already in Ohio or a surrounding state so I can inspect it myself.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I think we need new abbreviations for Eddie Bower and/or EcoBoost, both seem to have been designated "EB"

HvyFt4spd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302ci
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It should be obvious that this is a classified ad not an opinion pole or question on the main board. Anything other than offering the vehicle specified in the ad is out of place here. Should anyone choose to ignore me or not sell me a vehicle for pointing this out in response to being talked down to, so be it.

There are plenty guys on the main board who need help removing an ignition switch, picking a set of premade set of headers out, or looking for opinions on how to get the right amount of drop. Share your "experience" with them...

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Look at it this way. When people reply, it will keep your ad bumped to the top of the forum, which makes it more likely someone will see it.

As for me, I'm done and won't help here anymore. My previous posts will be deleted.

Bubye.

HvyFt4spd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302ci
Transmission
Manual
My credo
All you did was cause unnecessary drama for no reason at all while pretending you knew something I do not. You guys need to realize an individuals post count in no way reflects thier time in the feild or automotive experience as a whole. The parts you and most members have to buy and hope you can make fit, I make myself. I've worked on everything from a Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance winner ( best of show) to Riddler attempts and a "Great eight" winner ( one of seven cars that come in second and then tour lesser national shows picking up first place trophy after trophy) nostalgia Funnycars, Pro mods, experimental planes, even a crude little T-bucket, MGA or Austin Healey from time to time. I'm not the best and far from the worst... design, fabrication, panel shaping, upholstery and paint work all under one roof by a one man show. On top that I've spent bit of time working in engine shops too. While we can learn something from everyone I certainly managed thus far without your "help" sir. So bubye yourself.

Attachments

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
@HvyFt4spd those are some nice rides you've had the pleasure to work on. Unfortunately, mostly every one here thinks they are smarter than everybody else, and that gets in the way a lot. Most of us think CHEAP when we are talking about buying something, so the thought of you buying a nice B2 to work on, probably threw everyone off, lol. I would maybe try a Bronco II forum or maybe even Facebook Market, good luck amigo.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
For giggles I just went to Auto Trader. Many nice Bronco II for sale, many with under 100,000 and some with under 60,000 miles. Many in NICE original condition. Many with the usual ware/tare for older 30-35 year old SUV's.
Don't know your budget but there were dozens and dozens of em to look at.
Grumpaw

HvyFt4spd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302ci
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Thanks guys, I'm not looking for a pat on the back here I'm simply not up for being talked to like I'm 12 and this is my first go around. I have checked Craigslist, Marketplace and eBay on a regular basis. Autotrader, Roundup and Hemmings to a lesser degree so I'll have to look again. There have been quite a few good candidates that I've missed out on when money was tight but nothing that I'm currently interested in. I'm not in any huge rush but Iam looking to buy something. Most of these I was interested in were $3-5k range but I would of course pay more based on condition, equipment and build quality.

A Bronco II is just one of the vehicles I am considering currently. Over the winter I took the 11to1 331 out my Ranger, built new mounts, a new crossmember, my own stainless headers/exhaust/mufflers and a fuel cell from scraps around the shop leftover from customer cars, then installed a fresh, pump gas friendly 302 with the same toploader 4speed. It's nothing to brag about but it's a certainly a fun driver. That's the SBF pictured with the Holman Moody style valve covers and aircleaner I made from a pair of covers off a 65 Mustang and a smashed 80's gold anodized Moroso aircleaner . As my current daily ride the little truck has grown on me so I wouldn't mind another similar vehicle. The Bronco II needs to run for now while I finish other projects but when the time comes it would likely receive the 331 with the compression lowered and a C4, maybe a Gearvenders overdrive.

Currently I'm working on adapting a blower onto one of my air-cooled VW's which is usually my gas mileage vehicle. The 427 Hiriser build for my Fairlane which represents many years of collecting. Then there is my C/Altered that the class rules changed while in process making the car illegal because of few hillbillies crashing ratrods at the track. So it's now it has to meet modern NHRA spec which is not possible but I still plan finish it "someday". As you can see I have my hands full to say the least but a few hiccups here and there from an older vehicle is not an issue.

Attachments

HvyFt4spd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302ci
Transmission
Manual
My credo
No longer needed at this time.
Wife decided she'd rather have another school bus... Lol
All original 3/4 ton Quadrajet- 350,turbo 400, 4.10 detroit locker. Needs TLC but minimal metal work for $3k. I've been looking at worse vehicles for $9k-$10k.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals