• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turn signal/hazards not working

woodytanner1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Hello! Hoping for a little help. I’ve been on the internet and have tried a bunch of different things and I can not figure it out so I’m hoping you guys can help. I have a 99 ranger that I can not get the turn signals or the hazard lights to work. Wipers and high beams do work. I’ve replaced the multi function switch with one out of a 99 explorer and they do the exact same thing. I’ve also replaced the relay under the dash. When I attempt to turn them on nothing happens the turn signal lights don’t even light up in the cluster. I’m kinda lost and I’m onto the third page in google for trying things. I’ve replaced the fuse also even the it didn’t look bad. Thanks for you time!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

In 1999 there are two fuses for the one flasher
In cab fuse box, fuse 10(turn) and fuse 21(4-ways)

Fuse 21, 15amp, has power all the time for the 4-ways(hazards)

Fuse 10, 7.5amp. only has power with key on, for turn signals

The Flasher is under drives side of dash, LEFT side of the steering column, you can usually reach up under the dash and feel it, its usually just clipped on to a metal strut, so see if you can wiggle it off and pull it down
Its a Square box with a 5 wire connector, Yellow or Blue

Or you can pull off the plastic cover and metal plate under steering column to get access to it

Use a volt meter to test the socket, key off one socket should have 12volts, key on second socket will now have 12volts, if so then both fuses and their wires are OK

woodytanner1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Hey Ron!
Thanks for the reply sorry I thought I posted back to you but I guess somehow it didn't work. I have replaced both of those fuses just to see if anything would happen and changed the flasher under the driver's side. Still no luck. I checked them with the volt meter and it looks fine. They do nothing, this problem started when I put the bed back on the truck I did find a broken wire in the trailer light plug so I replaced that but no luck.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Diagram below

Assuming you have 12v at the flasher on the red/white and orange/yellow stripe wires, key on...............

Then best guess is that the Light blue and White/red stripe wire between flasher and multi-function switch is broken, so flasher never powers the bulbs

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals