• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transfer case connector, part missing

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Pulled my transfer case motor last Friday to turn in for warranty. They upgraded me to a new unit instead of reman, but I had to wait for it to come in on Saturday. Looked over new part when I picked it up on Saturday, birth apparently not close enough and didn't touch it again until today was going to install it on my lunch break.

Grabbed it to pull the red pin lock so I could install the eighth wire, the brown one that goes directly to the transfer case. Well there was no red clip. Looked at the pictures of the new units online and the have a clear view of the connector, but no red clip. Core was turned in almost a week ago, so I doubt that the still have it for me to get the clip back.

Can I use the connector without the locking clip and be OK, or do I need to try to come up with another clip? Only place I can think of to find one is a junkyard, but all the locals would want to sell me a whole shift motor, and there aren't any local pick-n-pulls left. Any of you Ford mechanics know if that part out the plug would be available separately?

Thanks,
-Josh

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Stopped by the parts store and as expected they've already sent the core in. I suppose that I'll try to use it as is. If I have issues with pins coming loose I'll figure out something to stuff in there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals