• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thermostatic resistor (blower motor)

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have been trying to order a resistor for my ranger 89 4x4 and have been told dealer only but, i think i found the right one through a company called standard but want to try and get a ford number if anyone has that and can let me know i can cross ref the number and see if its the same ford didnt want to give me the number unless i bought the part

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It's not thermostatic. It's just a resistor.

And you can test it in the field (easily) with ah Ohmmeter, so this is a good target for the junkyard.

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry it was always refered to me as thermostatic, never understude why it got that tag oh well. Junk yard idea is good but i honestly have yet to find one that all speeds work, and yards are about a 45 min drive from me and with the money i have spent in gas i could have just bought a new one. I think I found it on rock auto and could order it through the parts store i work at at cost and just pay the shipping extra.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
want to try and get a ford number if anyone has that and can let me know i can cross ref the number and see if its the same ford didnt want to give me the number unless i bought the part
I got one these blower resistor blocks from the Ford dealership about a year and half ago, for a 1990 Bronco II. The markings on the Ford Genuine Parts box are "ONE RESISTOR" 4C2Z-19A706-BA. There's also a smaller number H751B 406260 122105. Hope this helps ya.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I might have one on the ac truck cab 1987 that I'm pulling off today...pm me

BTW, especially if you have ac don't let the leaves and junk build up in the air box or you'll have a nice little underhood/dash fire that will prolly burn up your whole truck unless you are quick and have a fire extinguisher handy. Don't ask how I know...LOL>

kaborka

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I replaced the fan motor on my '86 last year. You wouldn't believe the crap I pulled out of the plenum. And you're right: the resistor coils are exposed to the gunk and could easily start a fire. Great design :/

ranger1999 Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i can tell you that on the 99 the part number is4L5Z-19A706-AA and the lower number is H751B 398705 120405 pics of it are on the other thread about fan motor blowing only on high

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals