• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The 5.0 saga continues...

mudranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Jesus, I take a week off from the site and the whole thing gets hijacked by some guy who probably doesn't even own a truck! WTF....

I have had my computer remembering my password for so long I couldn't remember it myself, so I reregistered from starranger to mudranger.
When last I posted, the 5.0 project was complete, and I was on my second AOD tranny. I had to get a new TV cable, which came from Lokar with really good instructions on how to set it. I borrowed a pressure gauge and did the install, and with a few minor adjustments, everything is good to go.
The cable was not cheap, at around $60. shipped, but it was a really nice stainless steel braided unit, and works perfect.
I decided that the throttle cable was way too long, and was binding, making the gas pedal feel more like a clutch pedal, so I ordered a Lokar throttle cable thats much shorter and can be cut to fit.
Other than that, the truck is great- lotsa power, rolls down the highway nicely, and with the bigger engine, better gears and the locker, It climbed right out of a ditch that would have stuck it for sure with the 373's and the 4-banger....

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Good to hear. Makes all the hard work worth it when you can drive it down the road.

mudranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I used a 5.0 HO out of a 93 mustang gt. it only had 60 k miles and the internals were all good (compression,etc.) so I left it stock and changed the intake. Runs great, and it actually gets better mileage than the 4banger because A. I changed the gears, and B. I don't have to hold the pedal to the floor to drive at any kind of decent highway speed.
Mostly, though, it just feels good to do a full on project like that with my own hands and see it through to the end. Yep, it does feel good to drive it down the road...
It also feels good to listen to it, cause with the headers and the Flowmaster 40's, it sounds meaner than hell- thay growly 5.0 roller motor snarl....very nice....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals