• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Swappable interior parts

stillwater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 Ranger XLT
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 98 XLT std cab 2dr Ranger has some interior issues I'd like to fix..

I know the Explorer and Mountaineer have stuff that will swap in, do any Lincolns, etc have stuff that swaps as well?
Getting in my mid fifties and looking to build a combo luxury/performance jalopy ..lol

My build up so far is a stout 400+ hp 302, C4, 8.8 Exp. rear, disc brakes, etc.
But I must have AC, which my truck has. Would like other luxuries, my seat (bench) is so worn down where my tailbone is, it hurts just to move in the driveway. I'd like a console, but not the Ranger one (compartment is way too tall. I'm short)...

Would love to find some Leather high-back 60/40s, or buckets. Buckets would let me run a performance shifter.
Dash is crap too. Stereo slides out of its holder when hitting gas/brakes. Tired of catching it while driving!! :)

Any thoughts/ideas/things that work you'd like to share, are greatly appreciated!! :icon_hornsup:

Last edited:

Gozi

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
P235/75R15
Having the same fun you are. I found a full console out of a Mountaineer last week, cant wait to fix it up and put it in but was having trouble finding bucket seats. Most of the seats I find in a junk yard are either more tore up than the ones I have or are rusted to the point they don't even move. But reading this site you can take a passenger seat and swap the parts from the right side of the seat to the left, use handle from your 60/40 and you have a new driver side bucket seat. I have seen passenger side seats in junkyards that were the same as the one I have that could of been a swap, but I over looked them. Going back I will also be looking for the roof center console with temp and direction. Plus the double visors and lighted review mirror. Im also in the first steps of sound proofing the truck. Its extended cab and all the side panels and back seats and headliner have been removed. Sounds like Im driving inside a beer can at the moment. But Im finding all those really bad areas of metal vibration. Always thought someone dropped a coin down in my door. That noise I have been hearing is from the rivet holding the door window handle. The handle moves in and out about a 1/4" whenever I hit a bump. Material needed for soundproofing is expensive. Needs 3 layers of materials, CLD, MLV and a closed cell foam layer. Most of the MLV products come with a cell foam layer. Look into soundproofing for that luxury ride your wanting.

stillwater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 Ranger XLT
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I used to drive an Olds Eighty-Eight beer can, I know how that is... Headliner had separated and was hanging down in my face, so I ripped it out one weekend. I do plan on the insulated interior, thanks for the tip... the three layer deal sounds better than what I was gonna use.

The music should sound good in the extended cab- more room for speakers.
Used to be a autobody man, we used strips of thick putty, by the small box full that you can cram between vibrating interior pieces, works good. They called the stuff "dum-dum" or "stickman" lol... 3M prob. has some, but may be expensive...

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Mountaineers were a little nicer than fords, and of course the Lincolns were nicer than the Mercs. I'm sure the Lincolns interior parts will fit as well, maybe some fab work. The Aviators were wider than the Rangers so things may get tight, but for the most part, you should be OK to install the Lincoln stuff. Also, I am far from an expert on the subject.

Nez'sRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Post pics of you make it work! I'd love to see a Lincoln interior in a ranger!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals