• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

steering wheel choices 2002

nvrsunk02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
My steering wheel is all messed up. Wondering what other wheels will fit. Found a few explorer wheels and mustang wheels. Are they the same as the ranger wheel? They look the same, but want to make sure they fit before I buy. Thanks!

BonesDT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just bought the '94-'04 FR500 Mustang steering wheel for my Explorer. I'm in the process of installing it now.

First of all, don't listen to Haynes. They say you need a steering wheel "bolt-type" puller. That won't work, you need a 2 jaw puller instead.

Second of all, I can tell you right now that the Mustang wheel is different than the Explorer. The Explorer plastic cruise control button housings will not bolt up to the Mustang wheel. The horn switches seem like they might bolt up, not exactly sure yet. The Mustang steering wheel metal frame certainly looks different than the Ex's, but I don't know if that will cause fitment problems.

I don't see any reason why the Ranger would be any different than the Explorer. But then again, I didn't see any reason why the Mustang would have been any different than the Explorer, but I was obviously wrong. You would think cars would be cheaper if manufacturers didn't unnecessarily make slight discrepancies in their parts for their different vehicles, but I guess that's just me.

Sorry I don't have any definite answers for you yet, but I need to get the gear puller to finish the job.

nvrsunk02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Keep me posted how it turns out. I found wheelskins.com, which will make custom leather covers to replace factory covers. Might give that a shot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals