• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2019+ Ford Ranger Lift Kits / Crash Bars

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
2019 Ford Ranger Leveling / Lift Kits:

Looking for a lift for your 2019 Ford Ranger 4x4?

Check out these lifts organized by size:

BDS Suspension 2.00-Inch Leveling Kit:

ReadyLift 2-Inch Leveling Kit:

Pro Comp 2.25-Inch Leveling Kit:

Rough Country 2.50-Inch Leveling Kit

Fabtech 2.50-Inch Lift

ReadyLift 3-Inch Leveling Kit:

ReadyLift 3-Inch Lift Kit (raises rear 1-inch)

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 3.5-Inch Lift:

2019 Ford Ranger Crash Bars:

2019_ford_ranger_front_crash_bar.JPG

The 2019 Ford Ranger has crash bars in front of and behind the front tires. When you lift your truck and try to install larger tires, these crash bars will be something that could get in the way, and where your tire may rub.

The good thing is that these bars bolt in place with a 15mm bolt. Some companies may offer replacement crash bars like the ones shown below. They are designed to actually give you more tire clearance.

This Ranger is running 265/70/17 (31.93x10.70x17) Cooper Discoverer STT PRO mud terrains without any lift, and still manages to clear the crash bars. Once you get in to the 33-inch and larger tire sizes, the crash bars are something to take in to consideration.

Last edited:

qbalaska

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Jim,
Thanks for the info. I've had my XLT off road a little bit and while the stock tires have done admirably, I am looking to put a set of 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT KO2's on. Are the wheels you have on the truck stock (offset and/or backspace)? Unfortunately I have to order my tires on line and can't pop in to my local tire shop to have them mount a set and try them on the truck before purchasing. Thanks for the site and the info!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, those are the stock 17" graphite wheels for the Sport/FX4 package here in the US.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
Some companies may offer replacement crash bars like the ones shown below. They are designed to actually give you more tire clearance.
BUT... there's always a but..... :unsure:

Something to consider before removing or modifying the crash bars. Ford designed the crash bars to help minimize passenger and driver foot / leg injuries in the event of a small overlap frontal crash.

I contacted Fabtech about their Crash Bar kits for 2019 Ford Rangers. They do no testing or analysis to determine if their kits are as strong, stronger or weaker than the OEM crash bars.

Check out this link for additional information related to crash testing: https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/ranger-crew-cab-pickup/2019#front-crash-prevention

Small overlap front crash test passenger-side.jpg

Greyeagle

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The 2019 Ford Ranger has crash bars in front of and behind the front tires. When you lift your truck and try to install larger tires, these crash bars will be something that could get in the way, and where your tire may rub.

The good thing is that these bars bolt in place with a 15mm bolt. Some companies may offer replacement crash bars like the ones shown below. They are designed to actually give you more tire clearance.

This Ranger is running 265/70/17 (31.93x10.70x17) Cooper Discoverer STT PRO mud terrains without any lift, and still manages to clear the crash bars. Once you get in to the 33-inch and larger tire sizes, the crash bars are something to take in to consideration.

Greyeagle

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
What, may I ask... did you do to remedy the nose dive? Mine looks like it going downhill all the time.

Attachments

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
What, may I ask... did you do to remedy the nose dive? Mine looks like it going downhill all the time.
That’s the standard rake on any truck so that the rear end doesn’t look sagged when the bed is loaded.

If you want to eliminate the rake, a leveling kit will do that for you by raising the front.

The downside is that if you have one installed and you do carry a heavy load, now the front will be pointing up in the air.

I believe Jim linked leveling kits in one of the stuck posts. I also believe he offers some for sales in the TRS store.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Should take a 2-3 hours with a lift and tools on hand including alignment.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Was it hard to install?
Having the dealer supply and install my leveling kit was part of the deal when purchasing the truck.

It's level of difficulty depends on who you ask though. Some people have found that they needed to pull the front axles out of the knuckles to get everything to push down far enough to reinstall the strut.. others say they didn't need to.

@JohnnyO had a hell of a time getting his installed.. relatively sure he even recruited the help of @sgtsandman and both of them still had some troubles with his truck. IIRC they were having troubles getting the ball joints apart.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
There was some difficulty. Mainly a tools on hand issue. The biggest thing is the need of a front end service kit for working on ball joints and tie rod ends. I didn’t bring mine with me because I didn’t know what tools JohnnyO had on hand.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Having the dealer supply and install my leveling kit was part of the deal when purchasing the truck.

It's level of difficulty depends on who you ask though. Some people have found that they needed to pull the front axles out of the knuckles to get everything to push down far enough to reinstall the strut.. others say they didn't need to.

@JohnnyO had a hell of a time getting his installed.. relatively sure he even recruited the help of @sgtsandman and both of them still had some troubles with his truck. IIRC they were having troubles getting the ball joints apart.
Didn’t have proper tools to get the ball joints apart the first time. Second time I got the ball joint and tie rod end off but I couldn’t push the LCA down enough to get the strut out. For now the spacers are on a shelf waiting for me to scrounge up a spare $450 to have a shop do it. Be advised if you want to pop out the axle shaft the toque spec on the hub nut is like 212 ft. lb.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals