• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shiftster is back

Ricky B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
IHC
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
A boomerang that doesn't come back-----is just a stick
^^^ I'm pretty sure the shiftster rotates more than 180 degrees, which I think would make the push/pull cable a no go.

This is the plate that bolts to the transfer case in place of the electric shift motor;

[/URL][/IMG]

You can see where I drilled a detente for neutral for towing. IIRC there is 270 degrees rotation, if not more.
It's actually closer to 330 degrees. But who's counting.....:D

Ricky B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
IHC
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
A boomerang that doesn't come back-----is just a stick
^^^ I'm pretty sure the shiftster rotates more than 180 degrees, which I think would make the push/pull cable a no go.

This is the plate that bolts to the transfer case in place of the electric shift motor;

[/URL][/IMG]

You can see where I drilled a detente for neutral for towing. IIRC there is 270 degrees rotation, if not more.
1). Yups, it actually rotates thru almost 330 degrees.

2). So if it was that easy to just simply 'push/pull' it, I would have figured it out about six years ago and be living on a much bigger sailboat----somewhere much warmer.

3). And we have about 75 Shiftsters in stock at the moment. In case anyone's keeping score.....:D

Cheers,

Rick

dennyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hi rick new guy here, am 62 and retired, I have a 2001 ranger xlt that I have given up on trying to keep 4wd going, {too much salt on these mn roads] lol
Anyway was wondering if you have any shifters left? and what I need to do to get one, tired of using a long nose pliers to get 4wd to work ha
thanks.

sjackson.butte

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The electric 4wd system in my 97 mazda b4000 has been out for over a year. The shiftster seems to be the answer to my problems, since I don't know where to start to fix the issues. I have the 4wd lights on the dash that blink 6 times every 2 minutes. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the shiftster, if someone has one for sale or how to contact the guy that makes it. Any help would be appreciated.

sjackson.butte

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Manual

2). So if it was that easy to just simply 'push/pull' it, I would have figured it out about six years ago and be living on a much bigger sailboat----somewhere much warmer.

3). And we have about 75 Shiftsters in stock at the moment. In case anyone's keeping score.....:D

Cheers,

Rick
I know it's been a few years since this was posted, but are those shiftsters still in stock? Where can I purchase one?

FordGirl143

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual

Cheers,

Rick
I would like to buy a shiftster if you have any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals