Screw you O2 sensors!!!!!

Ramcharger90

Reaction score
So finally broke down and wired up the O2 harness I got and the power wire for the harness wired in. And guess what.... it runs like total garbage now. So they now get unplugged and left that way oh well if it runs rich. It was popping and back firing. Also had alot of hesitation. I dont know what should be done.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
Not sure the whole backstory here but the o2 sensors set the fuel trims and take time to adapt... did you reset the ecu before plugging them in and starting it up? And how long did you run it with them plugged in?

Ramcharger90

Reaction score
Not sure the whole backstory here but the o2 sensors set the fuel trims and take time to adapt... did you reset the ecu before plugging them in and starting it up? And how long did you run it with them plugged in?
I drove a couple of miles with them plugged in and I shut it off and unplugged the harness and then started it and it ran beautifully instantly after restarting it.

rusty ol ranger

2.9L Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
So finally broke down and wired up the O2 harness I got and the power wire for the harness wired in. And guess what.... it runs like total garbage now. So they now get unplugged and left that way oh well if it runs rich. It was popping and back firing. Also had alot of hesitation. I dont know what should be done.
Shoulda just used a carburator. Twist some screws...done. lol.

If its running rich with the O2s that means its actually lean...vaccuum leak maybe?

Ramcharger90

Reaction score
Shoulda just used a carburator. Twist some screws...done. lol.

If its running rich with the O2s that means its actually lean...vaccuum leak maybe?
No, as much as I like carburetors I would prefer fuel injection on this not only since OBD1 but it was more of a challenge. Also it's running rich w/o the o2's plugged in. With them plugged in, it back fired was popping and hesitating.

Ramcharger90

Reaction score
You are correct if you try too use a automatic transmission o2 harness with a manual transmission computer you will burn up the computer because it is pinned differently and will send power to the wrong place in the computer. Also the o2 harness is pinned Differently from a 87-90 and 91-93. I bought a brand new Ronaldo Francisco O2 harness from LMR or AM and it came with instructions for my 91-93 harness. I Also needed a 12v constant with key on wire to get tied into the grey and yellow wire on the green plug near the mustang ECM.