• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear shackle mounts ?

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
My '98 had the shackles down (RWD) and I'm pretty sure my '11 is the same way (4X4).

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I have a friend with a 94 series F250, looks nice, body lift and big tires. His drivers side front spring hanger failed and spring eye is crushed against fuel fill hose for front fuel tank. I’ve never seen a truck look so good on the outside and look like hell underneath. Was weird doing a tuneup on it, body being higher than normal, would have been easier changing plugs through the wheel wells.
On the 5.0L Explorers they have a removable flap on the inner fender to remove for changing the spark plugs... jack it up, remove the tire and all 4 spark plugs are right there, both sides. It's tight on those things, might be able to do the drivers side without doing that but the passenger side would be a nightmare.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
Ok! I had to shackle mounts rotated, now the shackles are below the mounts
Just the short drive home already indicates to me it's a huge difference, the truck is no longer bottoming on the bump stops, time to deal with a front springs next!

Update: (can't seem to attach photos or post them on this section of the forum,)

Although the truck looks weird higher in the back it certainly handles much better! it's tracking better, and it's actually made the front springs work better!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals