• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Radiator?

gungfudan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
I bought an aluminum radiator for my 94 Mazda B3000 December last year. It has had a small leak for several months now since I got it. It is under warranty so I have to contact Liland Global to get my money back.
My truck is a manual transmission truck. I want to upgrade to a 2 row radiator but they only make the all aluminum radiators with multiple rows for the auto trans. I know I have to get a new bottom radiator hose if I got with the auto trans radiator. Is there anything else I need to do besides that? Or know?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just put a 2 layer auto rad in my manual 4.0l so may be same stuff as 3.0l

Yes, the bottom hose port is on the rad is angled down instead of straight out
I used my manual hose, managed to twist it enough to not get a kink in it, but will replace it one day..........sure when it breaks

The hooks for the lower shroud can be closer together on the manual than auto so you may have to add those holes to 2 layer rad or get an auto shroud, I just cut new holes in rad for the hooks

The manual shroud is now closer to the engine because of thicker radiator

You will need to put a small notch in the shroud on the fan side at the bottom of opening, to slide the manual shroud past the water pump, not much, maybe 1/2"

For clutch fan, I couldn't get my hand in easily to start it on the water pump because of thicker radiator
So I loosened fan belt
Then held fan in place and used other hand to spin water pump, worked fine

Not sure it was an upgrade, lol, but wanted to do it, so did it :)

gungfudan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
I just put a 2 layer auto rad in my manual 4.0l so may be same stuff as 3.0l

Yes, the bottom hose port is on the rad is angled down instead of straight out
I used my manual hose, managed to twist it enough to not get a kink in it, but will replace it one day..........sure when it breaks

The hooks for the lower shroud can be closer together on the manual than auto so you may have to add those holes to 2 layer rad or get an auto shroud, I just cut new holes in rad for the hooks

The manual shroud is now closer to the engine because of thicker radiator

You will need to put a small notch in the shroud on the fan side at the bottom of opening, to slide the manual shroud past the water pump, not much, maybe 1/2"

For clutch fan, I couldn't get my hand in easily to start it on the water pump because of thicker radiator
So I loosened fan belt
Then held fan in place and used other hand to spin water pump, worked fine

Not sure it was an upgrade, lol, but wanted to do it, so did it :)
I changed my fan system over to electric so the shroud I shouldn’t need to worry about. Forgot to mention that.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Watch the clearence you are losing 1" at least

XLTRAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Never complain never explain!
I bought a stock replacement radiator for my 97 Ranger 3.0 and found out it had the wrong fan shroud from previous owner installed found the correct shroud truck runs fine no overheating at all 100 degree heat in AZ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals