• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Street 1.0 (revisited)

Sighman

04/2011 & 04/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wanted to ask, how do you like the sound of the mufflers? I've got almost the same setup as you but I'm running turbo's. I'm not 100% sold on the sound I have right now and am thinking about running the pipes all the way out the back and changing the mufflers.....

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
you know...glasspacks aren't really my type of sound...it's does sound like a vintage ford from the 60's and 70's but with a smoother sounding idle, so if you like old school stuff diffently glasspacks...i only got them because i didn't have space for chambered mufflers...so when i get a fuel cell, i can drop the factory tank, run an x-pipe and Thrush welded mufflers and have 45* exits in front to the rear tires like i wanted...for you running out the back would quite it down a bit more...maybe some more HP (very little at best) and less of a hollow sound that turbo's give so...it's your call

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
this is for "TOPHER": i do plan on fixing that tomorrow (or today depending on when you read this)...we have some of the black accordien like wire wraping laying around...so that's gonna be done first and basically anything i can do to hide wires as best as i can

Last edited:

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
actually would what probaly be alot better is too relocate the fuel pump relay (box just above the air cleaner) move that near the radiator, put the ignition box in the cab, run the wires through a hole in the firewall and the nylon oil pressure line through the same hole so they would be bundled up on the intake manifold. how about that?

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you stand the mufflers on end you have plenty of room for em.

i ran my exaust very similar to the way you ran yours. just have the pipes closer to eachother, and have (2) flowmaster 40 mufflers dumped. i love the sound.

tame at idle. wild when you hit the loud pedal!

if you want pics just let me know.

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah blackwidow...i could use some pictures...i'm trying to keep everything as "Sleeper" as possible..which means no mufflers hanging below the bodyline so you can't see them from like 40ft away...i know the Thrush ones are 9 3/4" wide and the inlet is roughly 3" from edge to center of the inlet...so i would have to have atleast 6 or 7 inches above the pipe

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok dean, ill get you some pics tomoro.

and mine hang below the fram maybe 2-3 inches, defr. cant see em when you stand by the side of the truck, even at a distance.

but, personally, i would make the pipes run out lightning style. the drone inside can be a bit much at times. ill probably extend my pipes when i get the trans replaced.

Last edited:

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
drone isn't really a problem for me...i got used to it from my other ranger...Cat-back with Super 44, and headers...no tailpipe...sounded awesome, heavy drone but was worth it...The lightning style is what i want to do...45* slant cut tailpipe! I also have some room around the driveshaft to lay them sideways alittle bit if they're too tall!:icon_bounceblue:

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
drone isn't really a problem for me...i got used to it from my other ranger...Cat-back with Super 44, and headers...no tailpipe...sounded awesome, heavy drone but was worth it...The lightning style is what i want to do...45* slant cut tailpipe! I also have some room around the driveshaft to lay them sideways alittle bit if they're too tall!:icon_bounceblue:
That'll look badass.

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
so i saw the grille that "Blackwidow" has...and i really like the way it looks...Cool thing is i ended up getting one free with the truck...so if it stops raining for aleast an hour or 2 i'll try to put it on tomorrow.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
COPY CAT!!!!!!!!!!!

lol i love that grille in my truck

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i'm not trying to copy...we just end up having the same style ideas...except mine will be ALL BLACK, 2in cowl hood...Cragar 17X8" Black D windows, lowered and a homemade tonneau cover...plus a few odds and ends!

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
so i got a christmas present on the way right now:yahoo:...it's a 16 gal Summit Racing fuel cell with 0-90ohm sender, plus fittings to connect to a 3/8" rubber line...Now i will be able to drop that old metal tank!!

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
special gift has arrived...at 9:30 this morning...come on UPS.

16 gallons should be plenty for a street truck don't ya think?

DeanMLFlame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L, 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Fuel cell cage is almost done...Bottom ring with post

Top ring

Basic structure...long sides will get to posts were the tank is recessed for straps and short side getting a diaganol bar.

the tank will be pinned to the floor of the bed with 2 bars going across the top that might be removable...not sure yet.:icon_confused:

The bed has already got the whole cut out for the sump...it's positioned 9" from the tailgate and guess what...we had to cut away some of the bed support the happen to be right under the sump...pics tomorrow

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals