• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Picked Up Some '92 Door Panels for My '88 Today

insaneranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/40 R18
I've been trying to do some work on the interior of my super cab so I headed out early this morning to hit the junkyards. I got lucky today. A local yard just got a couple '92 rangers that needed to be liberated of their parts. I found three good door panels. They're dirty and different colors, but undamaged. I'll give them a good cleaning & buy some "Colorbond" vinyl/plastic interior paint and maybe some carpet restorer. They sell a red that's supposed to be an exact match to the factory red interior. This is going to be a fun project.

I tried one of the panels and it's a perfect fit. (The door handle cup is tilted because I just sat it in place to test the fit without the screw.) The original '88 cranks even fit & look better than the ones out of the '92, IMO. Hopefully these panels will look a lot nicer next time you see them. It's been so long since I've made any progress on my ranger. I can't wait to get these cleaned up and color matched.

20190430_212234.jpg
20190430_212327.jpg
20190430_212415.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals