• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New RTR and RTR Rambler package..

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
RTR VEHICLES INTRODUCES 2020 FORD RANGER RTR AND FORD RANGER RTR 'RAMBLER' AT 2019 SEMA SHOW

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2019/11/rtr-at-sema.html?cks=6635162109&emailid=FP_FASTNEWS

The new Ranger RTR is able to be built on almost any Ranger trim level available through Ford and comes with RTR’s signature style and Tactical Performance Packages.

The Ranger RTR is immediately recognized by its signature RTR grille with LED lighting, enhanced fender flares—the fronts, which include functional vents acting as intake induction points2—and RTR graphics package. Improving on the already capable off-road chops, the Ranger RTR includes a Fox 2.0 suspension kit, Nitto Ridge Grappler tires and 17-inch RTR Tech 6 off-road wheels.3 A Ford Performance cat-back exhaust4 rounds out the performance features of the Ranger RTR.

Available for purchase now, the $9,800 Ford dealer-installed package includes a host of interior, exterior and performance upgrades as well as optional RTR Leather Package and RTR grille w/LED light bar available for purchase as options. For package details, dealer and pricing information, as well as how to become an RTR Vehicles dealer, please head to rtrvehicles.com.

Ford Ranger RTR Ranger 'Rambler' SEMA Build

Upping the ante even further and dreaming up the ultimate expression of an exploration Ford Ranger, the RTR Rambler builds off the showroom Ranger RTR with the addition of overlanding treatments and further performance modifications to escape the urban-centered life for fun in the outdoors. A Ford Performance front winch bumper, Yakima rooftop tent, snowboard racks, built-in refrigerator and more allow for the RTR Rambler to become the ultimate support vehicle for owners to enjoy the great outdoors and take the word adventure to the next level. The RTR Rambler delivers a balance of street-ability, overlanding, trail capability and camping fun on the long-distance trek solo or with friends.

You can see the new Ford Ranger RTR 'Rambler' at SEMA at the Ford display stand located in the Central Hall booth #22200.

I couldn't post any pics using the URL because the forum says to contact an administrator.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
seems like a lot of money... but in my opinion... it's another good sign.

I suspect we will see a bunch more from the aftermarket crowd.

This whole Bronco/Ranger thing is just gonna blow up... in a good way.

I believe Ford will even offer something for everyone... including the 2wd sport truck fans... on the dime of the aftermarkets engineering budget.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Ford should include a small step ladder so all the soccer mom's n dad's can get into the bed to secure those heavy soccer balls and pads.
Seriously, how many of those Rangers and Bronco's do you think will ever see true off road use ? one in twenty five, one in fifty ?
How many owners are going to take a 50 grand vehicle that their making $400 buck a month payments on and go mudding or rock crawling with and risk
damaging the rocker panels, or getting the undercarriage, engine, or interior filthy?
How often do you off roaders truly see a new truck being really used off road ? Exceptions, sure, but I'd bet the majority only see pavement and maybe a dirt road.
Heck, my little Subaru Crosstrek has and will see more off road use than 90% of the new stuff will.
Grumpaw

Rangerx2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.7 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Always question authority
I'd never heard of RTR. Their take on the Ranger looks like a cool little truck but too pricey and I'm way over with the trend on blacked-out trim. I'm more old-school; give me chrome! I want my truck to shine, not look like Knight Rider goes 4-wheelin'!

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Never heard of RTR until now, but It looks just like that fake Raptor Rangers and all the other "aftermarket" companies version of a OFF Road Ranger. When is Saleen or Rousch going to take a 2wd swb Street version. All of these OffRaod versions seem to all have the same setup: Fox shocks, 2" lift, flared fenders, a sticker on the rear 1/4 panel, black pieces, and a different grill. YAWN. wake me up when this bad dream is over and the street guys get what we want.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Needs a front locker.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Needs a front locker.
Just having a locker available would be nice. Preferably with a ring gear setup that isn't welded to the locker.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Broncojumper87

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ford should include a small step ladder so all the soccer mom's n dad's can get into the bed to secure those heavy soccer balls and pads.
Seriously, how many of those Rangers and Bronco's do you think will ever see true off road use ? one in twenty five, one in fifty ?
How many owners are going to take a 50 grand vehicle that their making $400 buck a month payments on and go mudding or rock crawling with and risk
damaging the rocker panels, or getting the undercarriage, engine, or interior filthy?
How often do you off roaders truly see a new truck being really used off road ? Exceptions, sure, but I'd bet the majority only see pavement and maybe a dirt road.
Heck, my little Subaru Crosstrek has and will see more off road use than 90% of the new stuff will.
Grumpaw
Bought my truck on a Saturday that very next weekend I had it at an off road park wheeling it. There is a lot more to going off road than just mudding and rock crawling.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Bought my truck on a Saturday that very next weekend I had it at an off road park wheeling it. There is a lot more to going off road than just mudding and rock crawling.
I agree Jumper, but those types of "park" trails do not require a truck/suv with solid front axles, lockers, ect. My little Subi has racked up many miles on old logging roads, and National Park trails in many of the lower 48 states and Alaska, and has the chips and tree branch scratches to prove it.
Just sayin that as everyone is asking for Ford to build a "real" truck/suv that is off road capable, how many would really take that 50-60 grand vehicle off road?
Lets face it...manufacturers design and build vehicles for the majority, and the majority will never take those vehicles off road, unless you consider a dirt or gravel road "off road"
Grumpaw

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree Jumper, but those types of "park" trails do not require a truck/suv with solid front axles, lockers, ect. My little Subi has racked up many miles on old logging roads, and National Park trails in many of the lower 48 states and Alaska, and has the chips and tree branch scratches to prove it.
Just sayin that as everyone is asking for Ford to build a "real" truck/suv that is off road capable, how many would really take that 50-60 grand vehicle off road?
Lets face it...manufacturers design and build vehicles for the majority, and the majority will never take those vehicles off road, unless you consider a dirt or gravel road "off road"
Grumpaw
Your results may vary on ORP's.

Lots of new Rubi's and TRD's on the trail at Southington. Vintage Land Cruisers and Rovers were lurking about too.

They had rocks, they had gravel roads, they had mud. My narrow Ranger was dragging thru brush, I even bent my antennae on branches. Jeepers were running impacts and air compressors well into the night patching their stuff back together to run again on Sunday.

And dirt roads are not always dirt, my worst stuck was on a "dirt" road and I wasn't even looking for trouble.

Broncojumper87

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Grumpaw
Maybe you don't understand or know what an off road park is? The park I was at in Arkansas even the trails rated as 1 or easy still were a little tough in areas to get through without body damage hell I had my truck on 2ish wheels for a second or two. There was a guy out there on the same trails as me with his brand new trd Tacoma so to claim that no one is taking their new trucks wheeling I would say isn't 100% true. Also I'm not sure why you think people are spending 50 or 60k on a ranger my xlt fx4 was only 33?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Maybe you don't understand or know what an off road park is? The park I was at in Arkansas even the trails rated as 1 or easy still were a little tough in areas to get through without body damage hell I had my truck on 2ish wheels for a second or two. There was a guy out there on the same trails as me with his brand new trd Tacoma so to claim that no one is taking their new trucks wheeling I would say isn't 100% true. Also I'm not sure why you think people are spending 50 or 60k on a ranger my xlt fx4 was only 33?
it is easy to get a ranger to sticker in the mid $40k’s, these packages can easily add another $10k... so not really that far off.

Broncojumper87

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The only ranger I seen that was close to 50k had a bunch of stuff the dealer added on lift, tires, fender flares, roll up tonneau cover and a bed rack. I don't think I seen a lariat for more than 43 here in town. Even then after rebates you are back in the 30s. All I'm saying is you don't have to be bouncing off of rocks or barried in a mud pit to be off roading.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals