• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help, please

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I bought the car 2:nd hand and this is my first car I own. I am almost 60 years old and I know this sound crazy but I always lived in the center of a big city and had little use of a car, when living in Sweden. What I didnt know when I first looked to buy this car was that the guy I hade with me to help me, always dreamed of a car like this, and for that reason he did not ask all the right questions. All the original parts was not there any more so changing back (if or when I want) is not easy. And I know absolutely nothing about rims and tires.

I now want a set of wheels that not are off-road at all, but if I put on something like original wheels it will look totally crazy. National parks here are nice but most of them have terrible roads and I want to keep everything about the off road as it is, but have a set of wheels I can change to when I want to travel on motorways. So I look for rims that are 20-22” and tires that are almost the same hight, but not as wide as those I have. And of course are made only for warm weather, as there is either warm dry weather or warm wet weather all year....

Then when I go to a dealer and looking at rims they show me. But if they are made for a truck or not I don’t know. So they can trick me into buying totally wrong stuff if they want. After that they show me 15 tires, looking a little different and some a Chinese made and European made and ask me what I want. And I stand there and feel like a idiot because I have no idea what to pick. I tried to read about tires online but just realised that this is much more then just look at the design.

Where do I go from here to get a grip of this whole matter and learn what I need to learn, before going back to any dealers?

Regards
Jacob

BE47B6CE-1FE4-413F-B3C0-BDCF3E9F67C0.jpeg
A9037FA2-B67E-4C32-9453-9EFC39D118CE.jpeg
D34F380A-018E-4015-8E7F-E57F07EFB254.jpeg
3D9ACB97-038B-4AF4-98F3-11EBC0A1B32C.jpeg
A65D62EA-B0DA-4175-91CA-C8C78567BF44.jpeg
46FE2E6A-853B-4EB0-A6EF-A918D2951E4F.jpeg
10280C87-27EA-4A2B-9ECA-95DE03C60FCB.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals