• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My ride. 97 ranger 2.3t

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Went for the Emergency Ride this weekend, 1000+ cars showed up for the ride. Got a few pictures and a 3-4th pull at 15 psi... I still have issues after a shift so I have to get back on gas slowly after a shift otherwise it goes lean.

Sorry for the other holy big pics, but why this forum no resize automatically?

Arriving in Mont-Tremblant.

Parking the truck. With a guy pointing it saying omg it's dope and turbo.

And random guys taking a look at my truck.. The sickest picture I have of my truck yet.

On this one you can see my ''stock exhaust''

Entering the parking lot.

More camber than my friend's honda:moon:

Rybester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
Just admiring your truck!! Say, who makes those rims?? And where did you come by the 2.3 engine? I would love one for my truck!

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, Cragar and few other companies make those rims. They are called D-Windows..

Engine is a built 97 ranger one. You could also build your 2.5 for yours.

Went to drag this week, ran a best of 14.31 @98.98 mph.. 19 lbs of boost with a tune thats not even worth crap. 1-2nd gear spinning all the way. Not bad for a first time. Winter tires are not drag tires lol. My goal is 12's at a maximum of 25 lbs of boost, which should be doable once I get truck to hook better and a GOOD tune.

Gotta love smoking v8 stangs :p

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Truck is near winter storage.

Project for this winter:

MS2 standalone with MapDaddy4, all new wiring harness and clean up engine bay.
Twin-scroll header with new WH1C turbo
Pull engine to reseal the main seal that is leaking.
Change the tranny for one that's in better condition and that will be leak-free, and install raised xmember. Current one is doing weird noises on 4th&5th gear, and 2nd gear is almost blown.
Few other misc. stuff.
And get it on dyno for finetuning and see what numbers it can pull at 25 psi.

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
truck is b.a.! i had a 2.3t that i was going to put in my 88 but i endedup with a 347 stroker but now a 61mm turbo is in the works

Rybester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
Beluga420, -regarding the wheels once again-

If you get a chance, wondering if you could tell me if you have had any issues yet with wheel bearings due to the tremendous offset/spacer combo you're running?
I like the rims and am happy to admit that I am considering a similar set for my truck, however 15x8" wide with +6 mm offset. (I do believe the rangers came with rims from the factory utilizing a +12mm offset) I want a LITTLE wheel exposure outside my fender to give it a more agressive stance without compromising bearing life etc. Not looking to go to the extreme of pulling/rolling the fenders as much as I'd like to...

Also with that, maybe you could shed some light as to how close those 16"s (rim I.D. inside bead seat) come to the caliper without the spacers, and if there is any possibility of interference issues at all? (my memory escapes me as to whether or not you covered this already, but it's finals week at school and my motivation is gone!!) With that info I can get an idea as to whether or not 15"s with a +6mm offset (4.5" back spacing) will work for my truck as far as clearance goes.

I apologize for the lengthiness of this post, but I love picking members brains!!

Any and all infoyou feel I should know regarding the wheels is appreciated!!

Thanks again,
Nate

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
truck is b.a.! i had a 2.3t that i was going to put in my 88 but i endedup with a 347 stroker but now a 61mm turbo is in the works
Thanks! Need a thread on your build, not sure but think I saw it somewhere?:headbang:
Beluga420, -regarding the wheels once again-

If you get a chance, wondering if you could tell me if you have had any issues yet with wheel bearings due to the tremendous offset/spacer combo you're running?
I didn't have any bearings issue yet.. But drove maybe 3500 km since I did the whole swap with new bearings.. Not using spacers anymore with the -38mm offset lol.
I like the rims and am happy to admit that I am considering a similar set for my truck, however 15x8" wide with +6 mm offset. (I do believe the rangers came with rims from the factory utilizing a +12mm offset) I want a LITTLE wheel exposure outside my fender to give it a more agressive stance without compromising bearing life etc. Not looking to go to the extreme of pulling/rolling the fenders as much as I'd like to...

Also with that, maybe you could shed some light as to how close those 16"s (rim I.D. inside bead seat) come to the caliper without the spacers, and if there is any possibility of interference issues at all? (my memory escapes me as to whether or not you covered this already, but it's finals week at school and my motivation is gone!!) With that info I can get an idea as to whether or not 15"s with a +6mm offset (4.5" back spacing) will work for my truck as far as clearance goes.
I'm not sure of understanding exactly the question maybe cause it's 1 AM on christmas eves lol but I will try to answer .

The inner rim will clear the caliper for sure, rangers came with 15'' and 14 stock and with the stock front brake setup they all clear.. Unless you have the sport track 12'' rotors then you need 16'' wheels at least, some found 15'' wheels that cleared I think..

As for total clearance with +6mm offset I don't think you will have any problem unless you are dropped to floor.. Mine have around 3.5 backspacing and there is more than enought place for wheel movement.(plastic inner fender removed)
It only rubs on the inside fender because I am too low when steering to max. I will be modifiyng my fenders to stop that this winter.

I bet you could go with way even less offset than +6..

Hope this aswered the question.:icon_thumby:

:icon_cheers:

Last edited:

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Stupid double post!

I will post some pictures I found then..

When I lost my eccentric camber bolt it looked like that, bit neg camber and hell of a drop LOL:

Last edited:

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 4 wheels!

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I think jet engines would make it even better.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I was sad to see the Pony stickers go " I want a set for my 88 Ranger" but the truck looks good anyway, and congrats on the truck of the month.

Robert

sent with a hostel Peanut butter and tomato sandwitch.

Thed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I didn't know you could get TOTM more than one time...

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Well seems liek you can get TOTM once a year... I Too am starting to get tired of seeing my truck everywhere I go and not beign able to drive it yet!! It should be back alive this weekend :) And it is gonna be a daily driver for this summer.

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual

silver03gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/245
Transmission
Manual
Awesome build bro. Makes me think about the 2.3l swap in mine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals