• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda B4000 running lean

Rolandtd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone ive got a lean issue with my mazda b4000 4.0 v6, that has gradually gotten worse. Originally it would surge then bog and if i feathered the gas eventually itd be stable enough to drive but yesterday it gave out completely and would only start and immediately bog out. ive checked codes and originally had p0171 and p0174 which indicated lean. after searching through the forums i checked for vacuum leaks with smoke and starter fluid with no results. Also by looking through the forums i saw something about a pvc elbow from drivers side to pass side but i dont have that line anywhere on mine. today i threw an iac valve at it since i could hear a nice bit of air being pulled through. truck still had the same issue but after keeping it alive with starter fluid it was able to somewhat idle still has a bog under any throttle. after i got it idled i pulled codes and got p0171 p0174 p1130 p1131 p1150 p1151. i figured id post here before tearing the intake off and doing the gaskets to see if someones dealt with this issue.

Also have poked the fuel shrader valve and replaced the fuel filter

thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

Rolandtd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Well I've done the intake gaskets and I was still dying. Unplugged maf sensor and it runs so I replaced the maf and still dies when it's plugged up. Anyone to have any ideas?

Bigfoot1963

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Transmission
Automatic
Check your fuel pressure at the fuel rail, The filter on your fuel pump (in the tank) may be clogged.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals