• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Love those Rangers.

MIseeker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
4wd ranger ext
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I bought my first Ranger in 91 ( 4cyl 5 spd 2wd ext cab) and drove it HARD for 22 years. In 2013 I bought a 97 ( 4cyl 5 spd 2wd ), and in 2016 a tree fell on it in a storm. In late 2018 i got tired of driving a wreck, and bought a 2002 4wd so i wouldnt have to snow blow my drive. I tend to treat my trucks like trucks; just a bare amount of PM, and im happy with my 29 years of used rangers. All told, i have probably spent less than $15k on these trucks, including purchase prices, repairs, and TIRES.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
They tend to take a bunch of abuse and a certain amount of neglect and do well. I would caution you a bit with the 4.0L sohc… regular oil changes with good oil will keep it going... neglect here will most likely not end well. There is a bunch of timing chain... guides and tensioners that like clean oil... and will let you know in a really bad way if you don't give them what they want.

Welcome to TRS...

Where abouts in Michigan? I plan to get myself back on Michigan soil in the near-ish future.

MIseeker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
4wd ranger ext
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
thanks for the welcome. I am in the southwest corner, about 20 miles from notre dame. I had a full service on the 2002 done at the beginning of summer, tune up, brakes, rear wheel bearings, tires etc ( my son owns a parts yard). I am at the point ( retired) i dont put a lot of miles on it, maybe 2000 a year. I kept the crushed 97 and use it on my property as a work horse cleaning up those trees.

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello and welcome to TRS!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals