• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LMC Dashtop Dashcover

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is about the closest place for interior trim parts...

Anyway awhile ago I got a dashcover from LMC, I finally got around to getting it put in early this week.

Outward apearances were good, it looked pretty close right after I unwrapped it by the Christmas tree. I test fitted it in my truck and I noticed walking up to the truck the color was off, the cover was a MUCH lighter tan than the interior of my Ranger. I found that "Brown Boots" paint at wally world was a pretty close match, so I painted it and repainted some other parts that needed it too. I doubt two '85 Rangers have faded to the exact same color anyway.

As far as fit, either my dash isn't right across the top anymore or it wasn't molded quite right or something. The cover was also really wavey right above the cluster on the bottom edge. The instructions say not to put glue in the middle of it so I don't know what they expect. I used double sided tape instead to try to get it somewhat tight, otherwise aside from the waves by the cluster you could tug it 1/4-3/8 away from the dash about anywhere you wanted to easily. I hope that the double sided tape will let it move a little but it looked terrible the way it was otherwise. I need to add some more tape if I can stuff it in there tonight and see if I can get it a little tighter, but it does look freaking awesome from a distance.

Not sure if I would would get it again, once in and tight I am sure it will look great, but I question how they thought it was going to stay in there remotely tight with nothing holding it in the middle. If it really flexes too much to let it be fastened down then I think they might want to find a more stable material.

Too bad somebody doesn't make replacement dashpads for these things at a decent price. :dunno:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Did you buy the dash mat or a complete dash replacment cover for your Ranger? I bought two dash mat covers for my Ranger and the Wife's 03 Corolla. I can't remember the name of the company. I will have to dig it up, but they look great and fit great. I just got both in black since we have grey and black in the Corolla and I have tan and black in the Ranger. They were about $35.00 with shipping from Ebay. They are put on with Velcro and they have not moved an inch since the install. I just vacuum the dash mats when I clean the vehicles. This is the first time we have used any dash mats. I had just bought one for the '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Ebay and it is really nice (a bit more money) and I thought why not get some for the Ranger and the Corolla?

Straycat

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This was the hard plastic cover.

The truck doesn't have A/C, so the carpet ones would fill up with dirt... and I don't really care for the looks of them. In a "Custom" truck with no carpet anywhere they would probably look kind of weird too.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals