• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

It has begun! (Official Trucks! TV 4.6L Mazda B-Series / Ford Ranger build)

fomoco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I think you do a very good show....sometimes just wish it was an hour so you could show a little more detail sometimes.....but, hey thats just me....

Keep up the good work and I will keep watching :icon_thumby:

l8r, John

btw, maybe i should do the first 32V 4X4 Ranger......:D
i agree on having it an hour long, and maybe doing a viewers ride section:icon_hornsup:

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Kevin, how much did the truck drop in the front with the 4.6 in it?

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
One aspect of the build I enjoy is the finished vehicle being driven. You should take that pick-up to some shows and get the camera on some real "first time" viewers and see what their reactions are to the ride. Then pick on a camaro or mustang for us!

johnboy89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.6 DOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Removing the cab is huge, wish I would have done that instead, would have made my life much easier, but then again it was outside for a good portion anyway!!!!!!

Nice job so far look forward to watching this on the weekends!!!! Doing the budget route and then expanding it is an excellent idea you cover both the budget minded person or the one who has a ton of money to invest.

Last edited:

281Ranger

September STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 dohc
Transmission
Automatic
Removing the cab is huge, wish I would have done that instead, would have made my life much easier,
I'll agree with you on that. When I disassembled and re-assembled my truck the engine and everything was already mounted before the cab went back on. But, if the cab had been off when I first built it I wouldn't have known where to put anything, all the referance points would have been gone and there wasn't anybody elses project for me to look at.

I liked the episode. Can't wait to see it finished up. :icon_thumby:

kttrucks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The truck didnt drop much... maybe an inch total... not enough to even see it on the profile....

It didn't really seem front heavy either... just sitting way too high for any kind of handling advantage... not a bad swap! Much different outcome than I thought from that aspect.

K

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The truck didnt drop much... maybe an inch total... not enough to even see it on the profile....

It didn't really seem front heavy either... just sitting way too high for any kind of handling advantage... not a bad swap! Much different outcome than I thought from that aspect.

K
i watched the show (Sunday?) when you got stage 1 completed. very nice work!!

kttrucks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! Theres SOOOOOO much work that goes into these vehicles ( as you guys know...) but it's just me and Ryan that actually does it all behind the scenes... Dont get me wrong Im not bitching... I love the gig, but it aint all glamor! We appreciate the compliments, and trust me, the work that's happening right now will blow a few minds... it's going to be a VERY quick and fast street truck... Please keep watching the shows despite SPIKE's insistance on screwing up the airing schedule of new shows...

Thanks!

KT.

johnboy89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.6 DOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! Theres SOOOOOO much work that goes into these vehicles ( as you guys know...) but it's just me and Ryan that actually does it all behind the scenes... Dont get me wrong Im not bitching... I love the gig, but it aint all glamor! We appreciate the compliments, and trust me, the work that's happening right now will blow a few minds... it's going to be a VERY quick and fast street truck... Please keep watching the shows despite SPIKE's insistance on screwing up the airing schedule of new shows...

Thanks!

KT.
YES there is alot of time to be spent on it, I spent numerous hours in the garage on mine.

It was my first swap and was worried it would end up in the yard never touched again.

Been driving mine all summer and has been running great, driveability and reliability much better than I thought it was going to be.

fomoco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok, i am a little curious about this IRS, i was never aware that ford put this in a mustang, i know the S281 saleens didn't come with these

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok, i am a little curious about this IRS, i was never aware that ford put this in a mustang, i know the S281 saleens didn't come with these
the IRS was only available in the SVT Cobra ( i believe once they were SC'd, but i could be wrong ).....the S281 was standard Mustang based....

l8r, John

fomoco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
caught the latest episode today, the progress looks good, just curious why you went 01-03 front end with the stock hood, i know for cost reasons, and weight reasons with the hood, the 04-up front ends look soo much more aggresive, and more options for grilles. what are you gonna do with the front bumper?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
It looks to me like they're putting a 93-97 4x4 valance on a 98+ 2wd bumper. It won't be too awful challenging, but its not the easiest route. Me personally, I like the looks of the 01-03 better than the '04+, but to each their own.

kttrucks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Actually I think we're gonna fabricate a custom vallance out of sheetmetal.... the ride height is Soooo low that we can make something that looks cool and wont weigh a ton. There's other options too; fiberglass, carbon fiber, but we wanna keep it real and not spend stupid amount of $$$ on the front facia.

Right now we're waiting on wheels, then we'll measure and weigh for coilovers, and start on reassombly, cooling, wiring, plumbing, and getting it running for the first time with te new engine. I cant wat to drive this thing! It's gonna be very close to Z06 Power to weight ratio, if not more HP/TQ... Should be VERY quick and fast.

You're gonna dig the sheetmetal mods we're doing! Cant broadcast yet, but it's very FR500-ish.

KT>

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds good Kevin :icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

can't wait to see the sheet metal mods.....

l8r, John

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals