• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I hate the new Ranger

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
last week we went to a Mexican restaurant in Indianapolis (like we do every friday) and Honest to goodness we saw a guy get out of a early 2000's F150 hauling a flatbed trailer with a Port-A-Potty on it and he was dressed in a kilt. full bore Scotsman dress. I didn't get my phone out in time to snap the picture.

AJ
Oh. My. God.

My dad went out for a pack of smokes 25 years ago and never came back.

I think you found him.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I can't say I hate it (the new Ranger). It *does* seem like it's too big. Otherwise, it has what I want for features and capability. I like the look of it (except for the grill). If I could have all of that in a truck the size of my (former) Ranger, I'd be all over it (if I was in the market).

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I hate new cars. I would love to have a Demon or GT500 but I think it would get old quick. Ive driven all sorts of cars (tractor trailer delivery) and it would lose its luster rather quickly. They are fast, good looking, a little more fuel efficient, but they lack the characteristics of the late model and early model cars those goofy things that make them ours the power steering pump screeching no matter how tight the belt, the possiblity of it being possessed by the devil (my 90 Ramchargers lights just coming on at night during a thunder storm and going out when I unlocked then opened the door) the new ranger is a swing and a miss for those who are platform purists, the guys that want the lego cars of before. With that said The government has ruined cars, the tech companies has forced their seed in them (except SiriusXM I approve) now we are forced to rasie their young (ask Georgians, had to make that joke) These car companies hate their occultist followers because many of them like the older stuff they would soon rather scrap all I/C to pander to the silicone valley dorks and put fart noises in rather than something I can get another 150k out of if I rebuild the engine and trans after 200k.

So in closing after my nonsensical comments and ranting that I didnt not proof read because I should have been asleep 20mins ago, The new Ranger is the soccer moms Ranger. Do not jump, do not roll, Do not NOT change the oil for 3 years because it leaks out in 150 miles anyway so there is always fresh oil in it, do not drive it through a swap then tip it over and drag it out on its roof with another truck. It wont handle it. But the old 2.9 will...... j/k I mean 2.3

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals