• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i beams

97_ranger_baged

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i am puting air bags on my ranger and i wanted to if i could drill through the i beam to put a bolt though it to bolt the bracket for the air bag on if any one has any information on this please let me know i9 am trying to get this done asap.thank you

97 ford ranger
2 wheel drive
3.0l
atomatic

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Are you using stock I beams or aftermarket drop beams ?
I have yet to deal with bagged I beams, but I do know that most people put their bags on the radius arms with the kit you can get from suicidedoors.com.
Just a thought.... But I do not see anything srong with drilling a hole through it, just make sure it is going to be stron afterwards.

alittlelow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You don't want to drill through the i-beam. Here's an example of the brackets i made for the i-beam, and the modified upper bracket for the frame. All the additional cutting and bracing is to lay out on 20's. The shock mounts utilize the sway bar for the bottom mount.

alittlelow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You'll also have to notch the frame for the tie rod and box it in with steel plate. Also to lay out you'll need a radius arm crossmember and transmission crossmember.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals