• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to find interior trim paint color?

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Dumb question and I did a quick search but came up short. Im trying to find the correct paint for the interior trim on my truck. I have the body paint code (oxford white) but cant seem to figure out the exact name or code for the grey interior peices. Its an 09 bare bones base model. Is there a standard grey? Is the interior paint code listed somewhere? I just need a small spray can to touch up one freaking peice!

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Ok... Found the interior paint code (QF)

How do I find an actual name for that color so I can buy a can at the parts store!? They are listed by color, slate grey, charcoal etc not (QF).

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think you have to pretty much just pop off a small peice of trim and take it somewhere and either have it matched or match it to something.

Ford changed interior colors enough I don't think anyone really reproduces it. If yours is the same as a Mustang somewhere like LMR MAY have something but it would be a stretch.

I am in the same boat, I need tan for mine.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Black plastic dip spray. Or tan. But you have to get enough to do the whole interior because it will probably not be a perfect match. Done right, that stuff is amazing. I can't do it right though. I get runs and end up wasting my money.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I'm way too lazy to do the whole interior and everything besides the one a pillar peice is mint condition. Dumb mistake on my part, I glued a cell phone mount to it and sanded the area first to make the glue stick. Only after my phone falling out of the window did i realize how bad that spot was lol. Now i have the little spot where the mount was all blemished up. I guess I'll just put a sticker over it... :icon_rofl:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
When I put my two gauge a-pillar pod on I wanted to color match it. In my search I found about three different grays and none of them matched close enough. I just left it black.

Maybe put a gauge pod over the affected area?

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
When I put my two gauge a-pillar pod on I wanted to color match it. In my search I found about three different grays and none of them matched close enough. I just left it black.

Maybe put a gauge pod over the affected area?
Got any pics of your pod setup? I've been wanting to add a trans temp gauge, this may be a good idea...

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Got any pics of your pod setup? I've been wanting to add a trans temp gauge, this may be a good idea...
Yeah I have a picture... on my phone. I'm not into all this social media and photo hosting stuff though... So I haven't posted any pictures here... or anywhere for that matter. PM me a phone number and I will send it to you.

I did buy a universal single pod prior to putting the two gauge pod on. The single didn't fit as well as I would have liked and didn't feel like messing with it to make it fit. I still have it... if you want it... send me an address to ship it and i will mail it to you... free. They are actually cheap... I think it was $7 on amazon.

Do you have a grab handle on the a-pillar? I had to remove that to fit the 2 pod.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Yeah I have a picture... on my phone. I'm not into all this social media and photo hosting stuff though... So I haven't posted any pictures here... or anywhere for that matter. PM me a phone number and I will send it to you.

I did buy a universal single pod prior to putting the two gauge pod on. The single didn't fit as well as I would have liked and didn't feel like messing with it to make it fit. I still have it... if you want it... send me an address to ship it and i will mail it to you... free. They are actually cheap... I think it was $7 on amazon.

Do you have a grab handle on the a-pillar? I had to remove that to fit the 2 pod.
Awesome pm on the way. I removed the drivers side grab handle long ago. It never made any sense to me.... The driver should be grabbing the steering wheel. :dunno:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals