• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hi. New here!

OGD3vTaR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
This may not be the best place to post this, but I don't know where else to post this. I'm kind of new to the forum thing so if this isn't the right place let me know and I'll move this. But with that being said I have a 1999 Ranger XLT 3.0 and I really like my truck. I've had it for about two years and have recently decided to mod it. I've been into cars my whole life and have what I would consider a more than average knowledge about them. However with that being said I've never modified my own vehicles it's always been a friend or family members vehicles. But with all of my rambling out of the way I really want to build my ranger into a drift truck. I think it would be really fun and its something that I really want to get into. I just don't really know where to start with the build. So I was curious if anyone could point me towards some articles or have any advice when it comes to ( Rear axle swaps, Motor swaps, Suspension, Transmission, Weight Reduction, Fuel system ) would be greatly appreciated. Great to find a forum for this platform, Thanks in advance!

OGD3vTaR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I should also Point out the parts I have sort of picked out don't know if you guys have any better alternatives. For suspension I've found the DJM 4/5 Kit ( The Full Kit ), Planned on 5.0 swapping w/ Manual if at all possible, Bilstein Struts, and An Explorer 8.8 Rear End with Discs.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals