• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

harborfreight 301 piece Pittsburgh tool set review

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I paid a total of 204$ with s&h. Being from harborfreight I exprcted junk. That's not the case. I expected sloppy ratchets that took alot of motion to click over. Go to home depot and play with some husky ratchets that's what you'll get. Very small movements for the click. Its got just about all the sockets you will ever need. .. all the way up to inch and a quarter. Tons of torx tools. Sockets range from 4mm-32mm. Compared the sloppyness of the sockets to my autozone greatneck set and these are nearly perfect fit while the greatneck set is sloppy. The case has metal clasps on it and a spot for a lock.

My complaints? 50 lbs is alot for a plastic case. I've only carried it by the handle once and it bowed out the further I carried it. I carry it with both hands now.

And the supply of wrenches is next to none. But most people have a decent supply of wrenches and there not to expensive.

I honestly have only the above 2 listed problems with the product. I would recommend it as a first tool kit or to re -up your supply. Ill upload photos once photobucket is fixed

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So upon playing with the ratchets I decided to open up the half inch being the largest and easiest to put together. I found no oils no grease nothing. Bone dry. Added some grease. Not so noisy now and shouldn't rust up. So that's 3 complaints. Minor things tho

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals