• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Good place for parts?

JTH1972

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
So where do guys normally go for your parts?
Any good places online?
US ones that deliver to Canada without getting raped at he border?

I found out that my truck is going to require more work than I thought, so the more bucks I can save, the better (without sacrificing too much in quality).

2ranger87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So where do guys normally go for your parts?
Any good places online?
US ones that deliver to Canada without getting raped at he border?

I found out that my truck is going to require more work than I thought, so the more bucks I can save, the better (without sacrificing too much in quality).
By far the best place locally, is Lordco......I used to work there for years:D

Just stay away from the grumpy guys.......

Of course, that depends on what you need. On major stuff, you could try to PM me..........I'm somewhat of a Ranger "freak" in town.......

Last edited:

JTH1972

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Locally I go to Action Parts on McCurdy Rd. I find their prices a lot cheaper than Lordco's.

Well, there are some parts I'm trying to find... :D
Lefr fender is an "eventually" thing, and springs for the rear I'm looking for. I found a couple possible Explorer donors at Pick-a-part on the Westside, but they have the bodies on stands... on the springs! Big thing I could use right now is four steel rims to get some winter tires I have mounted on a spare set.

Brakes are the big project right now (as you've seen in my other thread) and working on the hiccup in the motor. I was having problems again the other night, but i got to somehow pull the codes first.

2ranger87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Do you by chance know a volunteer fighterfighter named Cody?
The name rings a bell, but i'm not sure.....Does he know me???? It seems I can't go anywhere in this town without someone recognizing me........

And I agree......Action DOES have better prices (especially since I am no longer an employee at the "other" place):D

Last edited:

2ranger87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Locally I go to Action Parts on McCurdy Rd. I find their prices a lot cheaper than Lordco's.

Well, there are some parts I'm trying to find... :D
Lefr fender is an "eventually" thing, and springs for the rear I'm looking for. I found a couple possible Explorer donors at Pick-a-part on the Westside, but they have the bodies on stands... on the springs! Big thing I could use right now is four steel rims to get some winter tires I have mounted on a spare set.

Brakes are the big project right now (as you've seen in my other thread) and working on the hiccup in the motor. I was having problems again the other night, but i got to somehow pull the codes first.
I'm sure I have a few fenders laying around.......Wheels i'd have to take a look around.

And unfortunately, I just sold the only set of 4-dr Exploder leafs I had. I do have another set on a potential parts Explorer that I may strip when the weather warms up a bit.......

We should hook up sometime......

JTH1972

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Bumpers! Need bumpers! Just plain one's will do. Figures on the springs... The guy I just bought my canopy from just sent a 86 Ranger to the wreckers a couple weeks before. I could have raided it for parts!

Hooking up sounds good, Maybe someone can give me insight on to what the truck may need that I'm missing. That's the only bad part about these older trucks. Too many amateures in it over time who "think" they know what they're doing!

2ranger87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Bumpers aren't a problem....and i have several Ranger rear springs available. Hell.....i've got more trucks/parts than my wife knows about (believe me, that's a good thing!)

I do plan on doing a Pick'N'Pull run this weekend just to see what's going on there (it's been a while). PM me if you're interested in meeting up......

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Bump, any ideas for Atlantic Canada? So far the junkyard is the only place I can find parts. Looking for 4x4 type things. Push bars, winches, ect.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals