• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

gas pedal spring

hunterleej

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
1991 Ranger 4.0 ......bought for my grandson.......had it about a month and so far so good......we noticed the little spring like thing hanging from bottom of gas pedal...he thinks it has been like that the whole time he has had it......Question: Is it imperative that I get it fixed immediately or can we wait til next week-end when he returns here? I don't know exactly what it is for? Thanks

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
If it isn't doing anything really weird like accelerating on it's own, or not responding to throttle input I would say it's ok to just leave it be. Only spring I can think of that would be on the accelerator is the tension spring for the throttle cable.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I remember seeing a spring on a gas pedal...but not sure if it was a Ranger...the spring was there to push the top end of the pedal backwards (toward the driver) to keep it from flopping around on the arm. Problem was they can be dislodged and fall out...so if you reach down and pull up on the bottom of the pedal it will flip flop...more annoying than anything else.

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
I had a 1991 and I think Mark88 is right. Your grandson is probably used to it by now. Unless it's bugging him you could probably let it roll.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals