• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Free '99 Ranger on CraigsList

Paulos

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 STX
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There's a free Ranger listed on Craigslist in Belmont NC for anyone interested. I'd check it out myself (25 minutes away) but I hurt my back doing ball joints and bushings on my '87 4x4 friday and I won't be going anywhere for a few more days.

DamnYankee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
Wagon wheels
The guy is a douche. I emailed him simply asking if it was an ext cab and if it had a slider. I figured, if nothing else, it might work as a donor for a project I'm working on. I really didn't think my questions were out of line. Here is the response I got.

Its free to a good home...
Are you a mechanic? What type of mechanic? Whats your favorite color? Do you like pepperoni pizza, or are you a pineapple wierdo?

Why is it so hard to give a truck away to a good home without people giving me homework assignments?

How tall are you, how .. ext ext...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Lol at least you didn't get raped and murdered... cause that's pretty much what I assume when I see anything free on craigslist.

Email him from a different email and say your coming to pick it up. Get his address and then start signing him up for free samples of herpes medication and hosting AA meetings, and send him a few pineapple pizzas.

DamnYankee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
Wagon wheels
Lol at least you didn't get raped and murdered... cause that's pretty much what I assume when I see anything free on craigslist.

Email him from a different email and say your coming to pick it up. Get his address and then start signing him up for free samples of herpes medication and hosting AA meetings, and send him a few pineapple pizzas.
Lol...That's hilarious...and tempting.

Paulos

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 STX
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah, sounds a bit odd. Every once in a while a good deal comes up on Craigslist, but the ad is usually taken down fairly quick. This one's been up for a couple days now, so maybe it's just some weirdo out to yank people's chain. Some people are definitely way out there.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Wish he would have listed more info about the engine and drive train. That wouldn’t be too far for me to go with the trailer and pick it up. But I don’t particularly want to deal with that kind of jerk if I don’t have enough info to know if it’s worthwhile.
Besides, my f150 tow vehicle is spitting spark plug wires again. I’ve gotta figure that out. Can’t even drive it to work right now.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
A free Ranger? You just hook up the trailer and go as long as you know he's still got it, and it has a title. If you can't use the parts then part it out, or scrap it for some cash.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals