• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Performance and ARB to Co-Develop Off-Road Parts Starting With Winch-Ready Bumper for Ford Ranger

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

Ford Performance and ARB to Co-Develop Off-Road Parts Starting With Winch-Ready Bumper for Ford Ranger

· Ford Performance and ARB 4x4 Accessories are teaming up to develop components for Ford off-road enthusiasts

· All-new winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger is the first component from the collaboration, bringing even greater capability to the adventure-ready Ranger

· A dealer-installed option, the winch-capable bumper is available from Ford Performance Parts for $1,495 MSRP

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 31, 2019 – Ford Performance and ARB 4x4 Accessories today announce a collaboration that will design and develop off-road accessories and vehicle recovery parts for Ford off-road enthusiasts, starting with a winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger.

“For Ranger customers who want the ultimate adventure gear, a Ford Performance collaboration with ARB is a dream come true,” said Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization and Accessories. “With 45 years of design and engineering experience in the overlanding and rock-crawling world, ARB is bringing additional options for Ranger customers looking to make their truck even more capable.”

Additional components designed to work with other Ford trucks and SUVs will be announced soon. ARB is known for aftermarket parts that include bumpers, roof racks, snorkels, air compressors, lighting and more.

“The goal of the relationship between ARB and Ford Performance is to provide Ford customers premium and functional off-road accessories that inspire personalized vehicle customization, improve off-road capability, and empower customers to feel comfortable using their vehicles – even in remote areas,” said Lachlan McCann, ARB chief operating officer.

Designed specifically for Ranger, all-new Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper is precision engineered to complement the truck’s rugged lines and is finished in a durable Integrit® powder coat. The bumper is built from welded sheet steel up to 3/16ths of an inch thick, attaches to the truck using existing chassis mounting points and can be installed on any North American Ranger configuration.

ARB and Ford Performance worked together to ensure the winch-capable front bumper is compatible with the truck’s factory components. Ranger’s original safety systems and sensors maintain functionality to enable Ford Co-Pilot 360™ driver assist technologies and available Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning. The all-new bumper is the only aftermarket steel bumper available for Ranger that meets regulatory crash test standards.

The all-new bumper will accommodate a wide range of accessories while maintaining maximum functionality for off-road and overlanding use. An integrated mount is incorporated for simple and quick winch installation, plus easy access to winch controls is available through the split center pan. Mounting points and jacking points maximize off-road functionality for increased visibility, and ease any headaches in backcountry recovery situations.

Compatible accessories for the all-new winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger include:

• WARN® Industries M8000, XD9000, 9.5XP, 9.5XDC and VR EVO 10-S winches
• RIGID® SR-Series LED lightbars, both 6-inch and 30-inch lengths
• Antenna and sand flag mounts
• Jacking points for off-road jacks

The winch-capable front bumper will be available in 2020 through Ford dealers and Ford Performance Parts distributors for $1,495 MSRP before installation, and comes with a Ford Performance Parts limited warranty. See a Ford dealer for details.

About ARB 4x4 Accessories:

ARB 4x4 Accessories is Australia’s largest manufacturer and distributor of 4×4 accessories. Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, the company has a vast international presence, with offices in the USA, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and an export network that extends through more than 120 countries around the globe. The ARB philosophy, however, has never wavered from its original course – quality, reliability and practicality above all else. For more information regarding ARB, its products and manufacturing, please visit www.arbusa.com.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
2020, eh? Maybe I’ll have the money saved for one then. Hopefully, they will have an option for an integrated or bolt on grill grill and headlight guard as well. A rear off road bumper would be nice too.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Would have been nice on the Loan Ranger.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
This is really good news for Ranger fans... Hopefully there will be several other off road upgrades to follow.... with a factory warranty.

Maybe they have been listening... and put some focus on competing with the other manufacturers offerings.

I can't believe they will let the Bronco launch without similar offerings in the bag.

I know I would love to see a Ford/ARB Bronco sitting on dealer lots... not sure my budget could afford it... but if they make it... they will sell it.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Would have been nice on the Loan Ranger.
Better late than never. If Ford added a front locker to the 2020 Ranger, I could just about buy the ultimate adventure vehicle right from a dealer. Especially since I can also order the roof top tent and a leveling kit.

Still need a better tire option.

Ford needs to improve on their marketing, or all of these options are going to be pointless. It's time to market the truck in a way that will build on the trucks reputation, not the antiquated ways they do now.

Something weird about seeing that truck on street tires with a winch bumper. Ford should at least go back to BFGoodrich All Terrains:

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Better late than never. If Ford added a front locker to the 2020 Ranger, I could just about buy the ultimate adventure vehicle right from a dealer. Especially since I can also order the roof top tent and a leveling kit.

Still need a better tire option.

Ford needs to improve on their marketing, or all of these options are going to be pointless. It's time to market the truck in a way that will build on the trucks reputation, not the antiquated ways they do now.

Something weird about seeing that truck on street tires with a winch bumper. Ford should at least go back to BFGoodrich All Terrains:

Upsale!

As seen just now on my Facebook feed:

It was a neat slow motion animation.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals