• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fire house recipes???

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Hey all I'm settin at home studying for a EMT interview on Monday and I start back on with my dept on Monday May 5th. As a fire fighter I one of my duties is to cook for a day. I need a few more easy recipes so I'm not cookin the same stuff every week. It will also be beneficial for everybody else to share their favorites and to get new recipes! So if you've got a recipe that's so quick and easy even a fire fighter can do it please share it!

Here's my favorite breakfast burrito.
4-6 medium potatoes skinned and cubed to 1/2"
3-6 strips of your favorite bacon cut cross ways to 1/2"x 1 1/2" pieces
3/4tbsp Pappys low sodium seasoning
3/4tbsp lawry's garlic salt
1tsp of opinion powder
3-4 eggs
1+ cup of cheese
Olive oil to fry potatoes

In a large skillet fry potatoes with all seasonings added until they're 50% cooked. Add bacon and cook until everything is thoroughly cooked. Push everything to one half the skillet, turn heat to low and fry the eggs. I prefer over easy to prevent the crusty skin from forming. Once the eggs are cooked to your preference chop them up, add cheese and mix everything up. Put it all on a tortilla and enjoy.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Can't go wrong making some Shepherd's Pie. I usually use like a 12" casserole dish, just to give you an idea of what it makes.

1lb ground meat
1.5-2 cans of corn (or your veggie of choice)
1 packet mashed potatoes
Grated cheese (your choice)
Spices and seasonings to taste

Brown the ground meat in a skillet and season to taste (I never do it the same twice). Once it's been lightly browned and seasoned, layer it in the bottom of your oven-safe container. Layer the corn (or other veggies) on top. Prepare the mashed potatoes (I usually add some onion and garlic, sometimes other spices or a little cheese). Sprinkle a liberal amount of grated cheese on top. Bake at 350* for 15-30 minutes until cheese is melted on top and it's hot all the way through.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
I'll give that a try tomorrow night! I like shepherd pie I just didn't know how to make it until now.

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Nice cut of flank steak, sliced into 3-4 inch strips...cook to your taste, then brown in a skillet with onions, mushrooms, whatever else you like...red peppers/green peppers, etc.
Get it real hot, serve on a plate with sides of grated cheese, jalapenos, fresh green onion, diced or sliced tomato, shredded lettuce and fresh, chilled avacado slices...maybe some sour cream, maybe not. Toss it all on the table with a dozen or so fresh, hot tortillas....instant fajitas. Can't be beat and you can use any cut or species of meat...from Canada goose breast strips to rattlesnake.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'll give that a try tomorrow night! I like shepherd pie I just didn't know how to make it until now.
Traditionally Shepherds Pie is made with lamb. There is actually a different name for it if you make it with ground beef, but I never remember it, lol.

Another thing you could make would be biscuits and gravy. Just make some nice fluffy buttermilk biscuits (cheat and buy the pre-made ones) and a couple cans of sausage gravy. Bake the biscuits, warm the gravy and pour it over 'em. Maybe serve it up with some hash browns or home fries.

I've also done a breakfast scramble at times. Fry up some home fries or potatoes o'brian, add some sausage or bacon (or both) when the potatoes are near done, add some diced onion, then crack a couple eggs in the skillet and throw in some shredded cheese. Scramble and serve.

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Traditionally Shepherds Pie is made with lamb. There is actually a different name for it if you make it with ground beef, but I never remember it, lol.

Another thing you could make would be biscuits and gravy. Just make some nice fluffy buttermilk biscuits (cheat and buy the pre-made ones) and a couple cans of sausage gravy. Bake the biscuits, warm the gravy and pour it over 'em. Maybe serve it up with some hash browns or home fries.

I've also done a breakfast scramble at times. Fry up some home fries or potatoes o'brian, add some sausage or bacon (or both) when the potatoes are near done, add some diced onion, then crack a couple eggs in the skillet and throw in some shredded cheese. Scramble and serve.
Can't beat Grands biscuits, fry up your own sausage patties cut from a roll, and make your own gravy...heat milk in a skillet, add flour to thicken. Another take on the breakfast scramble is to brown onions, sausage chunks, green and red peppers in a skillet...then stir this and some mushrooms into your eggs as you scramble them...serve with fresh tortillas and you have Migas (Mee-gus).

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You live every day, you only die once...
Me and a friend of mine started making something one day when we were hungry out of what we could find. I don't know what we would call it, but its chunk chicken and rotel tomato in a browned tortilla.

1-2 cans of chunk chicken (like you would make a sandwich with)
1 can of spicy or mild (your choice) rotel tomatos.
some tortillas of your chosing

Drain all of the juice from the chicken and half of the juice from the tomatos. Put the chicken in a skillet or pan on the stove on a medium heat. Start mixing in tomatos to the proportion of how much chicken you used. Cook until almost hot or hot (however you like it). Put a tortilla in another pan and brown it a little bit. Do that to however many you have. Then put it all together and enjoy. Only takes about 10 minutes to make (Counting time taken to drain juices and such.).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals