• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electric Drills Brand Preference

Who do you think offers the most reliable & affordable corded electric drill?

• Black & Decker

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Craftsman

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Dewalt

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 54 41.9%

• Total voters

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
ive always been pleased with the performance of my makita tools so recently i bought a 12v makita from my work after my 10+ year old Ryobi 14.4v drill crapped out on me mid project. in the ryobis' defense it was pieced together from 4 or 5 broken drills that my dad brought home from the dumpster at work so after a couple hours of testing and tinkering i had a decent working drill and a spare drill that worked sometimes. i know a 12v isnt very big for a cordless drill, but i mostly use it for interior work where i need a small drill to fit under the dash and for small jobs requiring small bits. when i need to do bigger stuff i have 2 drill presses and a bunch of corded drills to the job.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ive always been pleased with the performance of my makita tools so recently i bought a 12v makita from my work after my 10+ year old Ryobi 14.4v drill crapped out on me mid project. in the ryobis' defense it was pieced together from 4 or 5 broken drills that my dad brought home from the dumpster at work so after a couple hours of testing and tinkering i had a decent working drill and a spare drill that worked sometimes. i know a 12v isnt very big for a cordless drill, but i mostly use it for interior work where i need a small drill to fit under the dash and for small jobs requiring small bits. when i need to do bigger stuff i have 2 drill presses and a bunch of corded drills to the job.

Makita was the first brand I looked at when it came time to upgrade from my 18v ryobi drill. It was a great drill for the money and had all the features I was looking for. The batteries charged up fast, it had plenty of power and it felt GREAT in hand. Unfortunately I had to return 3 different drills because they all had chucks that didn't spin straight. After the 3rd one I gave up and bought my Milwaukee, which I got a good unit on the first try. If I had stuck with it and found a Makita with a good chuck, I'm sure I'd have loved it.

Side note, I just discovered today that my Milwaukee impact driver has enough force to take off lug nuts. Talk about making life easier.

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Side note, I just discovered today that my Milwaukee impact driver has enough force to take off lug nuts. Talk about making life easier.
lugs off what? car? they wouldnt take them of the F550:D but they came flying off my dads stratass lol + the milwauke has that cool batt indicator so u kno if u should swap it before go away from the charger. and as for the batt life ill go through the week on 1 charge. and the drill is BEAST! the guy i work with used it to bore out a bat cable and ended up ripping the skin off his finger pretty bad.. RESPECT THE TOOL!

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
For the price, I can't beat craftsman. I have an old one that's STILL going after all the abuse I've gave it.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Makita 18V li-on hands down.

Our whole tool fleet at work is Makita....nothing else holds up to the abuse of commercial contractor work. We've had dewalt, milwaukee, ryobi and hilti. So far Makita has served us the best at my job.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals