• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Craftsman replacing Kobalt?

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I love DeWalt tools. If DeWalt makes a tool, and I don't have it, I want it. If I have a tool that is NOT DeWalt, and see a Dewalt one, I cant wait til that one breaks, so I can replace it with the DeWalt.
LADDERS: Gorilla Ladders are the BEST Multi-Purpose Ladder in the game. Werner is a good alternative. ( I have walked up & down almost every brand and style of ladder ever made, 15 years of installing awnings, commercial & residential)

Have beat on my 1/2" with a 4lb sledge. It does not care.
Nobody care about your "alone" time. :icon_rofl:

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I think Ryobi and dewalt interchange. At work we used to have a Ryobi battery operated brad nailer and when that battery would die they would just stick a dewalt battery in it and keep going. Not sure if they had to modify anything since that nailer broke a long time ago.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I made an adapter for my old 12v DeWalt stuff. It’s an old battery with the battery pack removed. I ran 2 wires out of it with alligator clips on the ends. You just hook it to the battery of the car you’re working on.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The only manufacturer that I know that hasn't changed battery shape and fitment is Ryobi. Everyone else has changed. But if I wasn't so heavily invested in Ryobi I would go to the new brushless cordless tools. Probably dewalt as they are everywhere around me.
Is the older 18V tools compatible with the newer Lithium battery pack? Hek, I just went and tried it, now I can use the chainsaw :D

I was walking around in an Atwood's (Farm-Ranch-Sporting goods) today looking for a propane regulator and walked by a tool isle, ducked in there and it was filled with Craftsman haha

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is the older 18V tools compatible with the newer Lithium battery pack? Hek, I just went and tried it, now I can use the chainsaw :D

I was walking around in an Atwood's today looking for a propane regulator and walked by a tool isle, ducked in there and it was filled with Craftsman haha
Yes, all the old tools accept the newest batteries. The newest charger may also bring new life to the old batteries that won't hold a charge anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals