• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bad Chiropractor visit

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
I have two herniated discs in my lower back, along with numbing of my sciatic nerve--enough numbing that I would just fall over like a fainting goat sometimes.
I only wish my sciatic nerve was numb. When it's really bad, it feels like my left leg is on fire from my hip to the back of my knee. It's BAD. When it gets bad enough that I can't stand, I go see the doc who drugs me up til I sleep, God bless his little Hindu self. I snooze for a couple days, and eventually everything calms down, I feel better and go back to work. But the road getting to that point is absolute hell.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Forgot that the Chiropractor had automatically set up a appointment today as a follow up to tuesday. So his secretary called and asked if I'd like to reschedule and I said no and told her what was going on and she understood and about 30sec later the doc himself called and wanted to check in and wanted me to know about some treatment options and I politely told him I would keep all that in mind. Thought it was nice that he was concerned or maybe it was a cover his ass type thing

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Another time I invited agony for days by .....reaching forward, turning a doorknob and opening a door..... of all things.
QUOTE]

Man I know what thats like. When my back is ****ed up, the simplest stupidest things set it off. I was walking with a limp for the longest time cause of my back. Just simply stand and reaching for something set it off. At least the pain is gone now. I get twinges from time to time. After this weekend I may have to make another chiro visit. Tons (litterally) of shoveling and moving stuff around.

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
When it's really bad, it feels like my left leg is on fire from my hip to the back of my knee.
Yeah, that too. It always got really bad like that when I would drive on long trips, just a real painfull stinging in the same areas. The shots did help that, as I don't notice it hardly at all anymore.

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone have a bad experiance?

I hurt my back yesterday at work lifting two brake drums and to 22.5 steel rims into my service truck.

Called the local chiropractor and was told if I can get there in the next 5 min I could still get in so I run over there and the doc comes in and says " I was just about gone for the day good thing you got here when you did" At the point I was like O Crap! Then throughout my visit he commented 3 other times about how it must be nice to be done for the day and things along those lines.

After leaving I had a hell of a hard time walking so I went home and layed flat on my back on the floor and went to get up an hour later and I couldn't the pain was so bad I just about cried. The wife got home a little later and had to help me got to the bed and at about 3 am I couldn't take the pain anymore so I tried to get up and fell to the floor. She got me one of her Oxycodones from here surgery awhile back and that put me to sleep but did nothing for the pain.

Went to the hospital today and told the doc everything and she doubled my oxy prescription and got me into a MRI so I will find out those results tomorrow but Now I am out of work for the rest of the week at least.
There is ( NO ) scientific evidence that chiropractors do anything REAL!!!

PERIOD!!!!

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone have a bad experiance?

I hurt my back yesterday at work lifting two brake drums and to 22.5 steel rims into my service truck.

Called the local chiropractor and was told if I can get there in the next 5 min I could still get in so I run over there and the doc comes in and says " I was just about gone for the day good thing you got here when you did" At the point I was like O Crap! Then throughout my visit he commented 3 other times about how it must be nice to be done for the day and things along those lines.

After leaving I had a hell of a hard time walking so I went home and layed flat on my back on the floor and went to get up an hour later and I couldn't the pain was so bad I just about cried. The wife got home a little later and had to help me got to the bed and at about 3 am I couldn't take the pain anymore so I tried to get up and fell to the floor. She got me one of her Oxycodones from here surgery awhile back and that put me to sleep but did nothing for the pain.

Went to the hospital today and told the doc everything and she doubled my oxy prescription and got me into a MRI so I will find out those results tomorrow but Now I am out of work for the rest of the week at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzjoKhBklYg

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well got to see the Spine doctor today and was told he doesn't want me so much as picking up a wrench so I am out of work for a few weeks at least. Also supposed to be getting the shot in my back the end of this week or beginning of next. Then physical therapy (joke that it is) is required by work comp. But on the upside work comp is paying my disability and bills so thats good. The Doc concluded that the damage was sustained from lifting, showed me the MRI looking downward and you could see the herniated disc and how it was putting a lot of pressure on the nerves. He also said he was surprised that I didn't have more numbness in my legs than I do. So now I just have to find something to keep me from going crazy for awhile and a buddy to come over and help me with some parts that I gotta get shipped out to some fellow TRS'ers:icon_thumby:

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I feel for ya man. Wish you were a little closer, I would be glad to help with your truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals