• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Back to basic 2019

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
The real problem behind the pricing is that it costs nearly the same to build a compact/midsize truck as it does a full size.

But I think people will buy it, look at the Colorado/Canyons, people are buying them up at a decent rate. If Ford doesn't put ludicrous prices on them like the Soda can f150's, they'll sell them by the truck load.

I don't know about other areas of the country, but here in the mid west most new houses don't come with garages to fit $45,000 full size pickups. The normal consumer wants their $45,000 vehicle to sleep in the a garage and the normal consumer doesn't really need a full size truck. I think you'll see the normal consumer moving towards garage and gas friendly mid size pickups. Besides the new Ranger is supposedly sized more like 97-04 f150s.
Here in Idaho people drive lifted 1 ton trucks around and they seem to like the $80k price tags on them, so I'm sure they'll be stupid enough to pay $50k for a 1/4 ton truck I don't see the new Rangers having any reasonable pricing attached to them given the prices on the F150's and the Tacomas, Frontiers, Colorado/Canyon, etc. This is one reason I won't buy another new vehicle, the prices are so ridiculous and when it comes time to sell them, they're not worth anything. I'll skip the losing my ass part and just buy used to begin with.

Stopped by a local dealer the other day and they didn't seem to care if a customer was there or not, so definitely won't bother looking when and if they do ever decide to release a ranger and the bronco again.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Besides the new Ranger is supposedly sized more like 97-04 f150s.
I don't know where that got started but:

T6 Ranger is almost exactly overall dimensions as the '06-10 Explorer Sport Trac (Length 211 vs 210"; Width 73 vs 74"). The proportions have been juggled a little to give Ranger a 5' box versus the 4' box of the Sport Trac. Blksn8k will feel right at home in crew cab Ranger after hopping out of his existing ST.

A Tenth generation ('97-04) F-150 is ~10% wider (>79") and ~5% longer (226") (latest F-150 is no wider, just 5" longer).*

So, 90% of current F-150 or same as 2nd generation Sport Trac are accurate; same as older F-150s isn't (and it isn't going to have near capability of my '97).

*This is comparing Crew cab short beds or Super cab/intermediate bed. An F-150 regular cab/intermediate bed is shorter but longer that ST/T6 Ranger and a lot wider.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
???

T6 Ranger is almost exactly overall dimensions as the '06-10 Explorer Sport Trac (Length 211 vs 210"; Width 73 vs 74"). The proportions have been juggled a little to give Ranger a 5' box versus the 4' box of the Sport Trac. Blksn8k will feel right at home in crew cab Ranger after hopping out of his existing ST.

A Tenth generation ('97-04) F-150 is ~10% wider (>79") and ~5% longer (226") (latest F-150 is no wider, just 5" longer).*

So, 90% of current F-150 or same as 2nd generation Sport Trac are accurate; same as older F-150s isn't (and it isn't going to have near capability of my '97).

*This is comparing Crew cab short beds or Super cab/intermediate bed. An F-150 regular cab/intermediate bed is shorter but longer that ST/T6 Ranger and a lot wider.
Even more fascinating is all that privileged info you have. Or not. :D

cal74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Stopped by a local dealer the other day and they didn't seem to care if a customer was there or not, so definitely won't bother looking when and if they do ever decide to release a ranger and the bronco again.

About 75% of the lots I stopped in the last few months while car shopping I experienced the same thing. Didn't give a chit if you were there or not.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic

Finally, the voice of reason. However, I will miss the sound of that V8!

From everything I have read the current T6 is a pretty capable truck in its own right. It might not carry the same load or pull the same weight but I think it would make most stock F-150s (other than a Raptor) look pretty silly off-road.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals