• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ANYONE from KELOWNA B.C. or the okanagan area??

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The shackles ar CHAPE at Lordco. - Sub $50! I have them coming for tomorrow. I'll do the torsion lift tonight, and If I can find myself happy with the ride quality at the height i'm looking for... I'll at that time install the shackles, along with the 2" billett spacers.

With the swaybar off and the tbars cranked, I realize that i'll gain a little more bodyroll.. But with the tbars cranked and the swaybar off... Should I have more or less flex and wheel travel when offroad than before?

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Depending on the amount you crank them you should have a little more flex off road than before. However, you may lose some up travel due to the stiff suspension.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The up-travel would be fixed with a set of shocks though, correct? Just calculating, to see how far I really want to go :p

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll have to get a pic. I am currently higher than stock, but by no means "maxed"

If I remember correctly, I went to the top and came back 6 turns. I'm going to try maxing them out, and coming back 2 turns to see what the ride is like.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Nope, up travel would be fixed by goings proper IFS lift. Cranking t-bars is essentially like puttng a stiffer spring in a suspension.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
went full stiff and backed them off 3 turns... I feel as though I definitely lost travel. Not sure which way I want to go at this point.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I ask so many questions, because i'm new to owning a truck and offroading and the whole bit. I've owned fast cars my whole life, so this is all french to me.

I'm not looking to drop the cash on a proper IFS lift, as i'm then looking at not only $1000 PLUSPLUS in suspension mods... But i'm also looking at spending money on larger tires too.

We do go offroad, mostly trail drives, few hillclimbs... I was looking for a little meaner stance, with no decrease in offroad capability. Would I be better off to keep the truck a little lower, with a soft suspension setup??

Or would I be better off to keep my little bit of added height, and added spring rate coupled with a disconnected swaybar to maintain my offroad capability?? Right now i'm three turns off of maxed, and the ride is by all means bearable. With the shackles in the rear, it'll likely get even better... Correct?

We went out and tested the "flex" last night, and with the front swaybar connected... There is literally none in the front!

Does anyone make swaybar disconnects for the stock swaybar on our trucks?

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Check out Scotty J.'s build (link below), I know he has some. Read through it, kind of what you're after. I'm not terribly familiar with the IFS setup on any truck or how they perform. I do know, however, that the IFS setup in these trucks do not flex very well even in stock form. Disconnect your sway bar and see, you might be surprised at the amount of flex gained. Just don't be surprised if you don't get a lot, even my TTB Ranger doesn't have a lot of flex up front.

Scotty J.'s Rangerunner Build

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm running basically the same suspension setup that he is. I have my local 4x4 shop looking into a set of warrior swaybar disco's for me.

I have the Belltech shackles here already.. And then I think, after the disco's and billett spacers that will be the furthest i'll go with it.

Thx for all the info.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
If you don't mind me asking, where do you go? I'm going to say right now I deal with Dave down there at Alsek Spring & Fab, they're great to deal with, just a little place but he'll hook you up and treat you well.

And as far as stopping at spacers and a mild lift... HA! I said the same thing about my BII. Now its getting lockers, axles, tranny/transfer case, long arm lift and beadlocks.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We deal with Dave on a professional level, but i'll be honest.... His price on the shackles alone was over DOUBLE what I paid for them. And his ubolts are always a little high in price too.

As for where do I deal? I deal with three suppliers in most cases: Four Function Autosport, Image In Motion and my buddy at Lordco. All three have awesome prices.

I am usually on the bike during the summer, I just see so many of these damn rangers that i wanted to make it look a little different than the rest, while staying mostly stock and maintaining all functionality.. Hence why I'm still on stock size tires (31's)

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
ahh, maybe I get the prices I do cause I've been going there so long and I send everyone his way. Good to hear of other shops doing good as well! As for making your truck look a little different, paint it hot pink. :icon_rofl: :headbang:

I recognize your username from pinkbike, I rode with you a couple times last year. You had a red Mazda 3 before, yeah? And either a Yeti or Norco, can't remember.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You, sir..... have a great ****ing memory. :beer:

We rode Knox, and I remember your red ranger. I had a red Mazdaspeed 3.. And with the wife having a white version of the same car, we decided to sell the one with the most k's on it. I had a Norco TeamDH, silver frame - white 888 world cups, etc. Fun bike, but I got sick of the shuttling and bought something that shuttles itself.

Not sure if I want to install the shackles now.. I'll get some pics here while i'm out, so you can see my ride height situation.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Ahh yes, we shuttled in that friggen huge logging truck thing. :headbang: Must have been your friend with the black AS-X then.
Too bad, back in April I traded my dirt bike for a Land Cruiser, then sold the Cruiser. Didn't have anyone to ride with. Oh well.

let's see this ride height situation, and see how we can fix it. FYI, the 2" longer shackle will only lift the back end 1.5" at most. General rule of thumb is for every 1" more of shackle, .5-.75" of lift.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yep, Kevin had a black ASX. Brian I was with had a black Azonic something frame. Both good guys. See, shuttling for me was the same thing. I work ALOT, couldnt find time to get out with other people shuttling.. So I bought something that dosent need to be shuttled. Plus the wife wont ride a MTB, but likes to rip it on her 125.

I have a feeling that I am not going to need any shackle under this bitch. The front is still lower than the rear, and I cant go any higher in the front! I have 3 full turns left in the TB bolts, any higher and it just rides like SHIT.

Here are pics of said unit:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals