• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another project- ‘06 escape

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I have no idea about the guage cluster, it looks to be original but could of been changed. I do think im stepping away from this, its a good parts car but I think for what it would take to get it on the road again I could get a running vehicle I dont have to mess with. I still have my ‘97 ranger 3.0- too bad it wouldnt work in that chassis. One of the weirdest things about the escape V6 is that something is ran off the intake camshaft on the front side of the engine. I think it may be the water pump. I looked under the hood of a 2010 escape yesterday and the engine is simular but is using the exhaust cam to run something. And the 2010 is a 6 speed auto, crazy. Its $3500, I might try it out. Im only into the ‘06 $270 at this point, going to list it for $500 and see if anyone wants it. My g/f likes the step bars and the 2010 doesnt have them, may see if I can get those off and free up that back brake so it can roll better.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
pulled the rear tires to see about the parking brake that is hanging up on drivers side. Well the peice that the cable hooks on to on the passenger side is missing, I sprayed wd-40 into where the missing part was and also on to the rusty rotor. went to turn it and noticed something weird. had a jack handle between the studs to turn axle with, other rear tire was still on the ground. well it took some effort but could turn axle, driveshaft wasnt turning though, should of been as other tire was on ground. Took apart other side and was able to use a hammer and move the lever/cable back. Between that and plenty of wd-40 it should be easier to push out of the garage than it was to push in there.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I would probably just call a scrapper and have that thing gone from my vision with the quickness...

Lick your wounds... and carry on like it just never happened... then deny it if it ever comes up again.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I would probably just call a scrapper and have that thing gone from my vision with the quickness...

Lick your wounds... and carry on like it just never happened... then deny it if it ever comes up again.
I took screen shots of this thread... this can never be forgotten! Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have no idea about the guage cluster, it looks to be original but could of been changed. I do think im stepping away from this, its a good parts car but I think for what it would take to get it on the road again I could get a running vehicle I dont have to mess with. I still have my ‘97 ranger 3.0- too bad it wouldnt work in that chassis. One of the weirdest things about the escape V6 is that something is ran off the intake camshaft on the front side of the engine. I think it may be the water pump. I looked under the hood of a 2010 escape yesterday and the engine is simular but is using the exhaust cam to run something. And the 2010 is a 6 speed auto, crazy. Its $3500, I might try it out. Im only into the ‘06 $270 at this point, going to list it for $500 and see if anyone wants it. My g/f likes the step bars and the 2010 doesnt have them, may see if I can get those off and free up that back brake so it can roll better.
The transverse mount 3.0s in the Escapes run the water pump off the cams, there wasn't enough space to get them up front. At least the aren't inside the timing cover like a 3.5L.

I don't think those step bars will fit a 2nd gen Escape. On the 2nd gens the rocker trim comes off and the running boards mount in their place. I don't think the mounting points for the 1st gen style step bars exist on a gen 2.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Yes it will. It is called a parameter reset and it's in the PATS menu behind the 10 minute security access. How do you think we do this when a PATS involved module has to be replaced in the field?

On vehicles built after 2010 it doesn't work anymore because most modules like the pcm, I and BCM are VIN locked once they are programmed the first time.
I know you could do the Pat's modules with ids, but I thought you had to send the HEC clusters to ford for them to mileage match them because of all their fear of odometer fraud. Could have sworn you were the one that actually first mentioned this to me.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I know you could do the Pat's modules with ids, but I thought you had to send the HEC clusters to ford for them to mileage match them because of all their fear of odometer fraud. Could have sworn you were the one that actually first mentioned this to me.
An IDS can't change an odometer reading (ForScan can). It CAN re-pair the PATS system, up until about 2010. That's when they started VIN locking modules, which is another step for odometer fraud prevention.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I'll give you 100 bucks If you deliver it to eastern PA. :icon_rofl:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Sad, that is a really nice looking Escape. Hope you can recoup your money

AJ

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Yeah, I know. I really hoped it was saveable (for a reasonable amount). Hopefully I can break even, was 200 for the vehicle, 70 for the rollback trip from town to the house and 25 (roughly) for the title/tax. so just under 300. Im asking 500 , so far ive had about 40 veiws on the ad. I am considering moving it beside the garage. Little point in keeping it under roof and having a running vehicle left out in the weather.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Well you tried harder to save that thing than most people would have!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
@racsan … I'll bet that felt really good

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals