• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A nice rare Ranger GT for sale

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
True directional rims on it too. (where one side isn't reversed from the other) You don't see those much anymore.

Cool old truck for sure. The more desirable shortbed..

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I wish they would still do this. There were always 2 or 3 Ranger GT's in my city, growing up. My next door neighbor had a LWB GT, and another guy had a SWB GT with a fiberglass shell (no windows) with about eight 15" speakers in the bed. were all of the 88 GT's white? where ALL the GT's white?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wish they would still do this. There were always 2 or 3 Ranger GT's in my city, growing up. My next door neighbor had a LWB GT, and another guy had a SWB GT with a fiberglass shell (no windows) with about eight 15" speakers in the bed. were all of the 88 GT's white? where ALL the GT's white?
I have seen red in person, not sure what colors were available.

White does seem to be popular. It is too bad they were just an appearance package though and were really just a normal Ranger with a bodykit and a couple minor tweaks.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
My first new vehicle was a 1986 ranger gt. Bright red with red interior. No ground effects just black trim. Biggest lemon I've ever had as far as electrical problems. Put 365000 miles on it in 5 years. 2.9 Rock's is all I can sai!!

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I have seen red in person, not sure what colors were available.

White does seem to be popular. It is too bad they were just an appearance package though and were really just a normal Ranger with a bodykit and a couple minor tweaks.
but at least it was marketed towards 2wd guys. we do still exist

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I've personally seen them in white, red, blue, and silver. Factory paint. Watched a red short bed GT get picked up by a claw and put on a flatbed trailer to go to the crusher. They wouldn't sell it to me, and I tried for years to get it..

It was in a local man's personal junkyard of around 500+ cars/trucks, and he was one of those guys that wouldn't ever sell anything. The state ended up coming down on him with the EPA and 99% of his personal junkyard went to the crusher. Chevelle's, Nova's, Camaro's, Fairlane's, Toronado's, Galaxy's, Ranchero's, early Ford, Chevy, Studebaker and International pickups, every cool car I ever loved growing up. ALL CRUSHED because the old man was a dumbass and never wanted to sell anything, so once the state got involved, none of the cars could be sold. All had to be crushed based on a court agreement.

He could have easily been dragging them in, reselling them at a nice profit, been loaded down with cash, and kept dragging in more of them, but nooo.. Instead he lived in an old run down house with the windows knocked out and part of the roof caving in, and he still lost his entire collection.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
In 86 they came in red, white and black. All with red interior. 87 and on there were multiple color choices. My buddy bought an 88 in blue on blue. He actually still has it and drives it every day.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals