• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 4.0 to 90 Bronco II Swap Guidance

RedB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
We'll it's been long enough that I should follow up on this swap. I got the engine started the other day. Took for a short drive and this thing has so much more power now! Definitely worth it. I was able to use my complete Bronco II headlight harness and power distribution box. Used the explorer for everything else. About 90% plug and play.

I did, however have to make an temporary adapter plug on the drivers side to connect the red/green wires (EEC and fuel pump relay) and orange/black (o2 sensor heat). I couldn't just swap of pins around since I ended up with either two female or two male pins together. I have two problems I need to track down. My Tachometer and coolant temp gauges do not work. I have a feeling I need to find the correct color wires on the drivers side to reconnect, just haven't figured them out yet. Here's a couple pics (hopefully they work).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals