• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94" foglight stock wiring

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
ok so im trying to install some fogs on the ranger. i have a relay ,fogs, and i see that the wiring for the fogs is there behind the bumper on both sides ( round kinda looking plug :icon_confused: ) now i have taking the dash aprt to get to the stock switch area on the headlight switch , but i dont see the harness pigtail .am i looking in the right area ?

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
What are you trying to do. If they are factory fogs you should just be able to plug them in . I just cut the factory plug off. Found out which wire was hot and put spade connectors on the fogs and the wires

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
I got all that done just like you did but I'm trying to use the stock harness
In the cab also for the switch but I don't see the harness . Would they (factory )
Put the harness in the bay but not the rest of it in the cab . I have a relay in its spot, fuse in, lights wired to the harness pigtails behind the bumper . Now I just need the switch harness to add my switch

Last edited:

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I was able to find the harness in there by the headlight switch, I think it was just hanging in there. Also use the wiring diagrams in the tech section to find the right color = the fog light relay and a 12v switched source. I used that info to wire up my own switch on the dash. So what I have is my own switch mounted into the dash wired to the factory relay and factory wiring to the fogs. I also used that info to wire my fogs so they will come on with the parking lights rather than the headlights.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Thats exactly how I want my set up , I just can't find the foglights harness in the dash anywhere . Guess I can just trace from the relay to the bulk head connector and go from there (that's crap ) and run new wire to the relay .

I know most would say f-it and run a aftermarket harness . But i don't wanna add more wiring that isn't needed just cause I'm to lazy to search for the info . I work at aamco transmissions so I printed up the foglights diagrams from Alldata . But I'm gonna check out the tech library right now .
And shaw I was reading your build and reminds me of mine lol ( almost) . just got my ranger (same green ) back in June for a $1500 and 103,000 miles . Got it from
A pearl harbor vet , only owner . Besides the headliner and the fact I had to put a tranny already $175.00 built w/ converter,love my job :)

Last edited:

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I tried to look for the factory fog light connector in my 93. Couldn't find it at all. You are just better off running a wire with a switch to the coil side of the fog light relay. That's how I did it.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Ok well I got the lights hooked up . so for future peeps looking to do this install with the stock wiring that's there you have to connect to pin 24 yellow on the bulkhead (firewall) connector . I ran a new pin so it would connect like stock but you could just cut the wire and connect it to your wire that you need to run to a 12v source to energize the fog relay. I just taped one of the dual browns wires ( parking lights ) coming out the headlight switch and fused it .

myold96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
is there a fog light set up for a 96 extra cab i can't find the wires anywhere same with the tach. i have a 96 ranger with a 2.3l if that makes a differance.

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Old thread, but I'm doing the same thing right now with no visible switch connector in the dash. I have an oem switch and the wiring in the engine bay is all there. Though the yellow 12V wire going into the wire bulk head in the engine bay isn't coming through to the other side. Kinda half-ass that half of the oem wiring is there.

Anyways, how do i get a wire through the bulk head? Just puncture a hole and put a new wire on the receiving end, or how does that work?

The OEM switch requires 4 wires: Yellow (12 V constant), Light Blue/Red (Illumination), Black (Ground), and Red/Black (trigger, from Multi-switch). I found the other wires, so just need the Yellow one to connect.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals