• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 94 ranger injector types

smegun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford explorer
Transmission
Automatic
anyone use the newer plastic type injector with any success

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Plastic vs metal injectors, there are no issues running plastic injectors in general. Just make sure the impedance is correct for your application and oring sizes and height match up exactly with what you currently have.

If buying new plastic 'oem' injectors on ebay they are most likely china fakes, unless it is a ford dealership that sells on ebay. One of our local ford tuners has been having issues with customers bringing in cars with knock-off injectors installed. They looked mostly correct and had part numbers molded in them, but actually side-by-side to an oem it was obvious that they were not real, from the shade of the color to the font of the numbers, but it really showed when dyno tuning with them.

When buying new OEM unless you are getting them from a Ford dealer/distributor you don't know what you are getting. You can pull what you need yourself from junkyards, but to send them out to have them cleaned and tested (if you decide to) will cost almost as much as just buying brand new.

What engine do you have, a 4.0 ohv? And what injectors are you looking to use?

smegun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford explorer
Transmission
Automatic
looking for some patrons who have ran these bosch plastic types as to get some performance data ...I know what you mean to ad insult to injury I was having probs after a head job to find it was a bad crank sensor that I purchased for the job (running erratic)...more recently bad relays ...........:/ that's two sets of gaskets on old tommy … if I take out the pill I get some surging im looking at some from hp27fx referred by another member

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals