• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 ranger efi swap/harness cut

79courier8plug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford courier 2.
Transmission
Automatic
I'm currently swapping a 92 ranger 2.3 8 plug into my 79 courier that's a pinto 2.3 that I have running propane. I'm trying to find info on cutting down the harness to bare necessities since my truck has no power steering or ac I just want a simple harness. I do want the 8 plug setup to work and I'm using my own fuel power harness and alternator harness. I've searched and cant find the right info. Thanks

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
A '92 might be hard to pare down since it uses a MAF so you would have to keep the mass airflow sensor no matter what to keep a good spark curve... That said I'm sure you're probably using a CA100 maybe a CA200 woodward or Impco mixer so if you put the MAF in front of either you would be fine...

There's a wiring harness diagram in the tech library I think in the turbo area for a '91 which is the same as your '92 engine, take a good look at that and get rid of the fuel injectors, oxygen sensor and EGR position sensor (maybe check the resistance of it and add a resistor across the wires if you want to keep a check engine light) and pretty much everything but the MAF, coolant temp, air temp, crank sensor, DIS module and any related wires and that should be about enough... If you want to keep it in open loop to keep the check engine light off for your application a resistor across the computers coolant temp sensor at around 70F should do (put the sensor in room temp and check resistance across it)

Shouldn't be too hard, it's a simple engine system...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals