• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 Ranger aka Tommy

Jerlaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys. I installed the overhead console this last weekend but I'm holding off on the wirimg till I can do a new headliner too.

Shes a complete stand still as the slave masters hydraulic line retainer clip is missing...

Litetally soent all daybteying to find one. All tje trucks at the junk yards have the bold style clip and don't match :/ heck I even trued to zip tie it, naturally that didn't work either

Jerlaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally an update, and after long last and replacing the slaveasyer and hydraulic line again she's finally on the road
So BIG thanks yo BlackbII.

Anyways since I've had to replace the driver's door as the window broke and we'll me kicking it if I'm honest (seriously hate Rock Auto right now) so it currently has 1 red door. However I went with the red one because it had power windows so looks like my next project is get the other red door then wire up some power windows!

I also scored a camper shell for $20 at one of the local yards so I'm pretty stoked about that as I've had enough stuff stolen out of the back (seriously screw Tucson too)

I've been debating on how I want to paint it when I'm done.
Part of me wants to go dark blue and stencil the STX with tan
However I also kinda want to keep it white and redo the STX emblem.

Either way I'll paint the shell white for now as that's a ways off anyways and white will make a good base coat

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
What did the seats come out of? Looks good.

Jerlaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It was either a 95 or 96 explorer. There was another one with grey leather but the seats were trashed and these had minimal wear plus I like the tan interior more so I snagged em

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Looks good man. Glad to hear it's back on the road. :icon_thumby:

Jerlaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man, it's still a little rough but big blue needs some dire front end work. Not to mentin the gas mileage difference

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
What's up with rear axle? Looks like it's sitting about 2" too far back, or is that just the angle of the picture?

Good work on the build, rust sucks but 2nd gen trucks are so easy to work on... you'll have her looking good.

Jerlaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Probably the angle of the picture. The previous owner already installed the 31 spline rear axle and it looked right until I decided to tear off the fiber glass fender job on the back.
Now I'm on the hunt for a new bed altogether which isn't going to be found in Utah

Jerlaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I caught a stump to the sidewall of my front passenger tire and shredded it. Figured now was as good as a time as any to put the 32's on

Actually looks like a real truck now lol

Also decided to get a nose to nose Pic with my 350 aka little meets big lol.

Also looks like a new engine is in the immediate future. Good Ole rockauto part failed and caused low compression.
I've had so many part failures from them on the 1 order that I'm done using them... Then again I have my cousins commercial account to use too

Jerlaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well i ended up pulling the heads off of my 93 Explorer which toothed or to have had a mirror swap at simmer point because it turned out to be the 95 high compassion heads.

The old heads had cracks between the valves on cylinders 1, 3, 4, and 6. The number 5 cylinder the exhaust valve itself was cracked, and nearly all of the exhaust valves were depressed and no where within range of what was the valve seat...

That said the block was in remarkable shape, and the criss hatching w still visible on all the cylinders...

Well the truck runs amazing now, go figured so not sure how it ran to begin with...

That's said my bed is shot, enough dents and rusty that i want a new one. Also cant find a decent passenger door with power to on tobmatchvmy new red driver door, and i need tobteplace a dented fender now as well...

I started looking for a parts truck and well mine might become the parts truck now, we'll see. I'll post a pic today

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals