• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

68 F100 360 FE 3 on the tree!

Ginz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 2.3l
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
So I recently sold off a few parts I had laying around, because I went with a friend to a guys house where he bought some parts, well he had a 68 F100 in the garage and I commented I wish I had one like it. Well he said I'd let it go for 2K. Done deal haha. The truck is very solid, only needing some patches in the floors and bed wheel tubs,as the truck was originally from Texas. I drove it home, although it has a bad hesitation/bogs down/loads up from a stop or when you get off the gas then try to get back on. I know it needs a new accelerator pump, as it leaks. I'm hoping thats the cause of the drivability issue. It's a 360,. Idles nice, just need to figure out the driveability issue.
Image may contain: car, tree and outdoor

No photo description available.
I have the same truck, except a '67. Rather than mess with the old carburetor I put oner of these on. Had to change the lines around a little, but at this kinfd of price, for brand new, it's hard to argue with.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
So alot has happened with this ole girl since I updated last. Replaced head gaskets on the original motor twice with same results, the right bank pouring coolant into the exhaust and mixing with the oil. First set of gaskets was some generic ebay set, and second set was name brand fel-pro gaskets. Both times I had the gaskets facing the right direction too. After doing it twice I figured either the head had a crack in it i couldn't see or the block did. So I lucked out and found a low mileage 360 out of a 70 F100 for cheap, swapped that in in a day, converted to an HEI disty, and am just trying to get it running smoothly now. Taking a long time as I work 50-70 hours a week and rarely get time to myself to wrench on it. First video is swapping the engine, Second video is it running, but now I'm hunting down what I believe to be a vacuum leak, because it won't idle at a steady RPM. Third video is some LED headlights I got sent to me free in exchange for some free advertising lol. Last video is driving it around my work lot, baby steps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals