50/50 2000 ranger are they the same as 2000 Explorer??? please help

bamabones

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a nice looking 2000 ranger and it is in great shape and would love to keep it that way. that being said I cannot find custom fitted seat covers for the 50/50 bucket seats that are in it. Every website ive been to only acknowledges the 60/40 split. So my thought was that if the same year model explorer 50/50 seats are the same I would just order those seat covers. Please help!!!! Looking for anyone that can confirm or deny my thought process.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 248EE46702D889 Expires: October 1, 2019

Ranger850

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Sound reasonable, but I'm sure someone knows for sure.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I'm not sure the seat belt arrangement is the same. From the ones I've looked at, the Explorer seat belts anchor to a reinforced point on the tunnel. IIRC, the Ranger seat belt bolts to the seat itself. Sorry for not being 100% - I've gotten side tracked from working on my truck recently and it's a little hazy in my memory. I'll try to snap a picture later if someone else hasn't beaten me to it. I've got a couple of sets of Explorer seats floating around the basement.

bamabones

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure the seat belt arrangement is the same. From the ones I've looked at, the Explorer seat belts anchor to a reinforced point on the tunnel. IIRC, the Ranger seat belt bolts to the seat itself. Sorry for not being 100% - I've gotten side tracked from working on my truck recently and it's a little hazy in my memory. I'll try to snap a picture later if someone else hasn't beaten me to it. I've got a couple of sets of Explorer seats floating around the basement.
Thank you in advance! I’ve been pretty busy so haven’t had a lot of time to get to a junk yard and look to see if it has the same seats. If it does or they are really similar I can finally get my custom seat covers.