• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4000 watt amp

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
bought a rockville 4000 watt amp, its 4000 peak and 2000 rms, 5 channel.

looking for recommendations for a sub, i think i want a ported sub. i also have 4 kicker door speakers i was going to use with this, but debating only hooking the front 2 speakers to the amp. its going in a jeep wj so i dont really need the 2 rear door speakers with a sub right behind them.

to be honest i wasnt really wanting to spend an arm and a leg on a sub. if it was really that good i would probably spend 400-500.

94sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
bought a rockville 4000 watt amp, its 4000 peak and 2000 rms, 5 channel.

looking for recommendations for a sub, i think i want a ported sub. i also have 4 kicker door speakers i was going to use with this, but debating only hooking the front 2 speakers to the amp. its going in a jeep wj so i dont really need the 2 rear door speakers with a sub right behind them.

to be honest i wasnt really wanting to spend an arm and a leg on a sub. if it was really that good i would probably spend 400-500.

I used to be in the car audio game, still have the 275amp alt in my new explorer, rockville is a great budget brand. If I was going to go with a cheaper subwoofer, I'd do sundown E series or DC audio level 1. both will do great in ported or sealded enclosures.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I had a pair of EB "Off-brand 12" subs in the hatchback of a mustang. Don't know if that brand is still around but I got my $$ worth.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Kickers are the way to go. YOu already have the door speakers. You can get a kicker L7 or an L5 for around 2-300 bucks. They are worth the money. Don't waste your money on cheap subs. cheap subs equal cheap sound. you have a big amp so you can get a good quality sub. Most of the time when a lower name brand makes an amp claiming to be 4000 watts (that's a LOT Of watts) it is normally half that just FYI. I've had my fair share of name brand and cheap stuff so I know the difference between good stuff and cheap stuff. Even 2000 watts RMS sounds pretty high for an amp that costs $160. I know that my 1000 watt Memphis amp sounds a hell of a lot better than a Lightning 2000 watts amp. You never did say what this was going in so what type of sub will make a difference since the box dimensions can make the sub sound better or worse lol. Also, stay away from Walmart subs unless you are in the deli section. lol.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its going into a 2002 jeep grand cherokee. i wanted a smaller box, 1 single sub, because we still cram stuff in the back for camping.

funny you mention "walmart subs" i got one in trade for some used ohv parts. supposed to be 1000 watt's i know its not. i moved it to the wheeling pickup, its good enough for that.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah the Walmart subs are ok if you are not trying to get that ear rattling bass lol. They are good for loud music but now the kind of bass where it turns your seat into a back massager lol. It's funny because my truck when I have it turned up on a good bass song the bass literally makes my vision shaky. It definitely shakes the mirrors and body panels but if I'm driving at night the lights on on coming traffic blur with the bass lol

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thats what she wants for the jeep

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Soundqubed is my go to brand.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals