• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3 Power!

n2omike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys! Have a RWD 1984 Ranger with a 2.3 5-speed and 4.11 rear. Have had it for 25+ years. Love it, as does my 14 year old son! Anyway, we were building a new engine for it, and he was tightening a fitting into the intake manifold, and cracked it. It's a 2 bbl D-port, part number E1ZE-9425-BA. I think that's the part number on all the 2bbl D-port intakes. Anyway, we REALLY need another one! Anybody have one laying around? Thanks!

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
I was looking for one last year and got it off Car-part.com. I searched for an 82 Mustang and found one for about $45 shipped.

n2omike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I feel kind of dumb now. lol I use car-part.com on a semi regular basis... and didn't even think of them for this! I did a search, and there was an entire page of them! I'll make some calls tomorrow, and hopefully get this project back on track!

New engine is a neat little 2.3. I acquired all the parts for it around 15 years ago, then parked the truck in the garage for 10 years before. Short block was built, but hadn't put the rest of it together. Has a small Engle PT5/6 cam 212/220 @ 0.050", and a little head work. It's not going to set the world on fire, but hoping it has a bit more steam than the old stocker. lol

My son fell in love with the truck after driving it around the field, sliding it around... so now it's getting finished! We installed new cab/body bushings, new bushings in the front end, shocks, put a front sway bar in it, all new brakes and wheel cylinders, etc. Truck is relatively rust free, but it had a rubber floor mat that water got under, so we're going to install new floor pans, carpet, seat upholstery, and weatherstripping. Was just going to DRIVE the thing, and it has turned into a full mechanical restoration! lol At least it's a plain S model with ZERO options except power brakes. Previous owner upgraded it from a 4 to 5-speed, and I installed the 4.11 trac loc rear. Wouldn't pull itself out of wet grass with the open diff! Will post some pics after we get the engine installed. These are good, simple, relatively inexpensive vehicles to work with your kids on!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals