• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Rear ABS Sensor Wiring Diagram

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Working on my '93 4.0L 4x4, all manual, that i bought from Copart and I took off the bed to change the fuel pump. I noticed the ABS sensor wires on the rear differential were either cut or chewed off a foot and a half from the sensor. Does anyone have or can point me to a wiring diagram, or can tell me where it's supposed to connect to? Is there an intermediate connection somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

P.S. how often do those ABS sensors need to be replaced? Since i have the bed off, should i just change that too?

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Since I didn't find any solid info online I ended up buying the Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM) for my year and it had all the diagrams i would hope for. Attached are the Rear ABS (RABS) diagrams for anyone dealing with the system themselves. The sensor measures around 1400 ohms, which one can test from the RABS Test Connector (C140) located in the engine bay (assuming none of the intermediate wiring is cut like mine was). If it's nowhere near 1400 ohms it needs to be replaced.

I measured my sensor's resistance and it was 1.36 kohms, so good enough. I soldered my wires back into the main harness and my ABS light turned off. Success!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals