• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1992 Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L

Maximus-md

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys,

What do you know about the 1992 Ranger STX 4x4? An ad has come up for one under 200k kms: here. It needs a clutch replacement, so its up for $500. I'm inclined to check it out, just wondering of any notable issues or benefits of that year and spec.

Cheers!

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a 92 stx this last weekend myself. The good thing about the 91-92 is that they have the 4.0 option, dana 35 front axle and 8.8 rear. I used to have a 91 ext cab equipped the same way and loved it. $500 seems like a pretty good deal, especially if it is clean and is a 4.0 truck.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You can go here: http://www.auto-brochures.com/ford.html

Download the 1992 Ranger brochure it will tell you what the STX package included, which is about everything, it was the top end package in 1992

X = included in package

1992 was last year of 1st generation size, 1993 and up were about 2" wider

Last edited:

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I prefer '91s over '92s but essentially the same trucks. In 1992 ford add boxed crumple zone frame rails to the forward section of frame (main reason I prefer '91s), interior has every so slight differences that if you didn't have a '92 side by side to a '91 you'd never notice (I personally think the '91 interior is nicer though). 1992 STXs were also the only square body rangers to have factory fogs in the valance as a standard feature (excluding the '88-'89 GTs) & is visually the easiest way to identify wether it is a '91 or '92 STX. I love my '91 4.0 5 speed 4wd extended cab STX as a daily even if its a gas hog lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals