• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

-SOLD- 1988 Ranger 2.9l 5spd 4x4 Part Out (Pittsburgh) -SOLD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Okay, have the windshield trim and fenders off the truck, no issues there.

Jtaborsky - I can get you all of that stuff. I have to figure out shipping but I would think - what - 50 bucks for the parts? Feel free to PM me with offer. Have to look into what's involved in getting the window support and wiper module out. I may PM you to make sure I know what you mean by wiper module.

Engongam - I haven't removed anything like that, so it should still be there. So just the fuel line between the fuel filter and the fuel rail? Can you send a picture or a diagram or something so I know what you mean?
How much for a distributor?

94cylcamry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I would like the white plastic window support (riveted to the window) on the driver's side. Also, if the other guy doesn't follow through I would like the intermittent wiper module. I would really like that front grill. Also would like driver side tailgate latch bolt. Price shipped to 58501 please! I'm willing to pay fair prices.

- Joe
Want to make sure I know what you mean by the white plastic window supports. These round plastic white pieces? I buggered one of them but one of them is fine.

And driver side tailgate latch bolt - these?

Attachments

DamnYankee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
Wagon wheels
Have you sold the side view mirrors and lower brakets (from inside the door) yet? If not, how much shipped to 28092?

94cylcamry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Have you sold the side view mirrors and lower brakets (from inside the door) yet? If not, how much shipped to 28092?
I was wondering when someone would ask about the mirrors! Love the old style. They are available and in good shape. I just removed them - let me figure out shipping.

jtaborsky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
32's
My credo
Break. Upgrade. Repeat.
Want to make sure I know what you mean by the white plastic window supports. These round plastic white pieces? I buggered one of them but one of them is fine.

Very close part, but I need the white plastic part that cradles the window. It rides in the window track. I don't have the sobriety to post a picture, unfortunately.

- Joe

DamnYankee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
Wagon wheels
I was wondering when someone would ask about the mirrors! Love the old style. They are available and in good shape. I just removed them - let me figure out shipping.
OK. Let me know!

94cylcamry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
OK. Let me know!
Okay. Have mirrors, brackets from inside the doors, plastic pieces the mirrors rest against outside the doors, bolts to put it all together. Shipping weight is about 10lbs, USPS priority mail estimates 18-20 dollars for priority mail for that. Which seems kind of nuts, but that's what the site is telling me. I'd be okay with 20 on top of that, so $40 shipped for the mirrors? Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

94cylcamry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Very close part, but I need the white plastic part that cradles the window. It rides in the window track. I don't have the sobriety to post a picture, unfortunately.

- Joe
I have it apart - I don't see a plastic cradle. There is a metal bracket that was previously riveted to the window through the round plastic pieces previously shown. The metal bracket has two little plastic pieces that ride in the window track. And the lever from the window roller connects to that bracket with a similar little plastic piece. See pictures. Which ones do you need - the two that ride in the window track?

Attachments

jtaborsky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
32's
My credo
Break. Upgrade. Repeat.
I have it apart - I don't see a plastic cradle. There is a metal bracket that was previously riveted to the window through the round plastic pieces previously shown. The metal bracket has two little plastic pieces that ride in the window track. And the lever from the window roller connects to that bracket with a similar little plastic piece. See pictures. Which ones do you need - the two that ride in the window track?
This is the piece I'm looking for. I'm looking for the white piece in my picture that cradles or supports the window glass. Do you have power windows? The plastic part of mine looks like it performs the same function as the metal part on yours. Mine is a 1987. I wonder if they changed the part between '87 and '88. The round plastic pieces are common between our vehicles.

I would take both driver and passenger side brackets if you have manual windows, because my plastic piece cracked, and I imagine a metal replacement is a superior design.

If you would like to wait until you are confident there is no more demand for interior parts before you pull them, I completely understand.

- Joe

Attachments

94cylcamry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
This is the piece I'm looking for. I'm looking for the white piece in my picture that cradles or supports the window glass. Do you have power windows? The plastic part of mine looks like it performs the same function as the metal part on yours. Mine is a 1987. I wonder if they changed the part between '87 and '88. The round plastic pieces are common between our vehicles.

I would take both driver and passenger side brackets if you have manual windows, because my plastic piece cracked, and I imagine a metal replacement is a superior design.

If you would like to wait until you are confident there is no more demand for interior parts before you pull them, I completely understand.

- Joe
I do have manual windows. No problem I can grab both metal brackets for you.

jtaborsky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
32's
My credo
Break. Upgrade. Repeat.

jtaborsky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
32's
My credo
Break. Upgrade. Repeat.
Another thought: do you have vent windows? Maybe that's why they are different. Sorry for posting on your thread so much. Answer in pm if you want.

94cylcamry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Another thought: do you have vent windows? Maybe that's why they are different. Sorry for posting on your thread so much. Answer in pm if you want.
Haha it's no problem. No, they aren't vent windows. So you want the window brackets, the wiper module (haven't actually pulled that yet), and the tailgate bolts? Could you point out which bolts you wanted from the pictures I posted?

DamnYankee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
Wagon wheels
Okay. Have mirrors, brackets from inside the doors, plastic pieces the mirrors rest against outside the doors, bolts to put it all together. Shipping weight is about 10lbs, USPS priority mail estimates 18-20 dollars for priority mail for that. Which seems kind of nuts, but that's what the site is telling me. I'd be okay with 20 on top of that, so $40 shipped for the mirrors? Feel free to PM me. Thanks!
Sorry...I ended up stumbling onto a set locally on craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals